Technical Information Assurance Architect Ref. 386
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Technical Information Assurance Architect to join our Service Operations Centre (SOC) team.
You will shape the future of SOC technical solutions, establishing how we can best assure and protect our Partners' information into the future and work closely with colleagues across Other Government Departments to share ideas and experience.
You will drive beneficial security changes into the business through the development or review of architectures so that they fit business requirements for security, mitigate risks, conform to relevant security policies and balance information risk against the cost of countermeasures. You will also have the opportunity to manage staff and contribute to taking the SOC forward.
We would need you to already have:
- Experience of working with ICT and/or security systems (e.g. within the areas of information assurance , information security and/or information analysis)
- The ability to work across security and technical teams, working towards mutually agreeable solutions
- Willingness to learn and flexibility to work with a diverse set of requirements
- An open-minded and forward thinking approach to information assurance and security
- Willingness to mentor and manage other staff
- Willingness to travel to Customer and Supplier sites as required
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
- Demonstrable experience of building successful relationships
- An understanding of the ITIL Framework
- Professional membership/accreditation through a relevant body (e.g. CISM,CISA, CRISC, CEH)
To work as a Technical Information Assurance Architect you will be the type of person who:
- Keeps all staff informed about progress and the reasons for decisions; trusts others to deliver but shares in the responsibility; encourages individuals to share their ideas
- Understands broader government strategy and priorities and shares understanding with the team; anticipates risks and makes use of effective risk management procedures; reads between the lines and asks penetrating and perceptive questions; develops a robust understanding that withstands critical challenge and inspires confidence
- Takes action to stop, slow down or change activity when evaluation shows it is not working; achieves results through others; manages tensions between requirements and communicate priorities
- Takes responsibility for conveying difficult messages; operates with acute understanding of political sensitivities and realities; understands the audience, anticipating reactions and preparing a response that addresses concerns
- Creates a supportive environment in which team members take responsibility for team goals; supports others in building external collaborative relationships; participates in corporate work and cross-organisational project teams
- Ensures long and short term customer needs drive plans; works with customers to adopt a creative approach to exploit opportunities; builds and sustains relationships with key individuals in the customer group
- Looks for ways of removing barriers to change; finds ways to ensure the team and the organisation learns from external expertise and other organisations; acts as a coach and/or mentor to others; puts in place mechanisms and processes for continual improvement, reviews etc.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
- Understand the business environment and the information risks that systems of interest are subject to
- Propose alternate architectures or countermeasures to mitigate risks from initial solution architectures
- Assist with the secure configuration of IT systems in compliance with the intended architectures
- Ensure that alternate solutions or countermeasures mitigate identified information risks
- Develop new architectures that mitigate the risks posed by new technologies and business practises
- Provide consultancy and advice to customers on lA and architectural problems
- Assist in mentoring security individuals within the organisation
- Forge positive working relationships with internal and external customers, suppliers and Other Government Departments by demonstrating a high degree of professionalism and technical credibility
- Have the opportunity to manage staff and contribute to taking the SOC forward
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.