Manufacturing Planner & Delivery Co-Ordinator Ref. 693
Relocation package available*.
This is a full-time role but flexible working patterns will be considered.
Responsible for ensuring the correct delivery and efficient manufacture across all capabilities to fulfill customer requirements.
Working within our Advanced Manufacturing Facility you will bring your existing planning experience to co-ordinate and plan manufacturing job structures and delivery schedules. Complete end to end management requiring regular liaison with Engineering staff and Project Managers. Have ownership of delivery plans across internal and external resources. Responsible for being the POC for jobs planned and liaising with the supply chain team to fulfil production and stock holding requirements.
With our diverse customer base, no two projects will be the same, one project could involve you delivering a new communication system, the next could be developing a new capability on our existing infrastructure.
You will join a team that has a wide variety of project experience, bringing your own views and ideas to collaborate and help deliver our future operating model.
You will use your skills and experience to… implement accurate delivery plans which are aligned with customer requirements. You will be flexible, dedicated and thorough in ensuring that objectives are met. Being proactive you will Identify improvement areas within planning that will improve efficiency and delivery performance.
You will be joining a team who… strive for excellence, are highly motivated and have depth of experience of working within a dynamic department.
You will get involved in… contributing to an environment of continuous improvement, and lead scheduling meetings with relevant stake holders if required. You will establish efficient, rapid and positive communication routes across our customer base.
You will enjoy…. co-ordinating and collaborating as a team member to ensure all team objectives are met. Being someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership and value the contribution others make.
More About You
• You will deliver high level planning strategies to internal stakeholders by actively developing techniques to achieve delivery performance and accuracy of build.
• You will manage all manufacturing build activities in conjunction with project and technical teams, including negotiation – implementation and on-going monitoring of performance against defined targets of performance, cost and delivery.
• You will define and manage workflow strategy and KPI’s to deliver increased performance in accuracy, service and quality. ·
• You will develop and grow long term relationships with internal stakeholders and suppliers; leading project reviews, quotes, negotiations and opportunities, promoting planning best practice.
• You will identify new planning and delivery strategies to meet business requirements through strong manufacturing awareness.
You will also have one or more of the following:
• Be proactive with a high level of communication skills and attention to detail.
• Experience of risk and resource management ·
• Experience of developing innovative build and delivery strategies.
• Experience of using MRP/ERP tools.
Your Personal Skills
You will be the type of person who:
• Enjoys working with people with a diverse range of skills, sharing ideas about how to get the results needed.
• Adopts a planned approach to implementing change.
• Works with customers to establish clear desired outcomes and expectations.
• Acts as a role model and encourages others to develop as leaders.
• Understands the audience, anticipating reactions and preparing a response that addresses concerns.
• Anticipates risks and makes use of effective risk management procedures.
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 8 Bank Holiday days off in addition to your annual leave
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you’re asked to work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• A competitive Pension scheme.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classic cars or baking, golf or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Relocation Package*
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or Ethnic Minority. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re right for you, please click here.
Inclusion & Diversity really matters to us. It's not just about numbers or visible differences.
HMGCC are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and those with disabilities or who are neurodiverse.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident – Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
Please click the apply button below. Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
*if you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.