Test Engineer (Manufacturing) Ref. 372
Full-time, part-time and flexible working patterns available
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Test Engineer to join our growing Team in our new manufacturing facility. Here you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and manufacturing equipment when assembling complex communication and related electronic systems.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of components whilst working with a variety of customers and design engineers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and decide how you want to get the work done, as long as you can deliver.
We would need you to already have:
• Previous electrical role where you have used a variety of Test Equipment
• Have worked to statutory safety regulations and local codes of practice.
• Trained to BTEC ONC or HNC Level or equivalent.
• Able to Fault Finding down to Component Level.
There will be a Trade Test prior to any interview to verify that you already have:
• Excellent dexterity as you will be required to work with very small components.
• Ability to follow and interpret manufacturing documentation such as general assembly drawings, circuit diagrams etc.
• The ability to work from limited information in a prototype environment.
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Knowledge of industrial standards or 17th addition with the ability to work to them consistently, including testing server racks
• Previously worked with RF signals and units.
• Programmed in LabView.
• Worked in clean room environment.
To work as a Test Engineer, you will be the type of person who:
• Likes to ensure that high standards are achieved and maintained.
• Enjoys coming up with creative solutions to problems.
• Likes to work on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload.
• Can quickly adapt to unplanned changes in priorities.
• Is flexible and able to work in other areas of the business.
• Has excellent communication skills; especially when working under pressure.
• Enjoys working in a team and supporting each other to achieve goals.
• Really wants to learn and improve their knowledge and skills.
• Seeks out better and more efficient ways to complete your work.
• Will continually improve how you work and makes suggestions on how to improve our processes.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your diverse range of skills within the Test Team you will:
• Design and manufacture bespoke high quality components within challenging and demanding timescales.
• Work closely with customers and onsite engineers to provide creative manufacturing solutions.
• Work on your own initiative to decide how you are going to make a product; whilst working through all manufacturing stages as required.
• Be responsible for the quality of your work and work in accordance with procedures, policies and responsibilities common across HMGCC.
• Work under clean room conditions when required.
• Be willing to work (paid) overtime when required and provide out of hours support on a rota basis.
• Maintain good standards of housekeeping and cleanliness.
• Carry out your job responsibilities with due regard to the equality and diversity principles and practices that the organisation is committed to.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
Recruitment and Selection Process
If you are successfully shortlisted you will be invited to a Trade Test, this will test your manual dexterity and ability to interpret manufacturing documentation and instruction.
If you are successful at this stage, you will be invited back for a Technical interview with the hiring manager, a HR and Occupational Psychologist Interview. The 3 interviews will normally take place in a morning or afternoon (approximately 3 hours).
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an Organisation and an employer by visiting the 'about us’ link.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.