Textiles Manager Ref. 565
This position is for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday on a permanent basis
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for a Textile Manager to join our growing team. Here you will have the opportunity to be creative, producing small runs or one-off designs in a variety of materials, using an assortment of industrial machinery. You will also be responsible for managing tasks and staff in the team.
At HMGCC you will have the opportunity to be involved in a diverse range of projects, designing and producing textile items to customer specifications. You will be encouraged to use your creativity and show your flare in your work, where the opportunity arises.
We would need you to already have:
• Relevant qualification in fashion/clothing/accessory manufacture
• Experience of mentoring and coaching others
• Experience managing deliveries including risks to deadlines, costs and informing involved parties
• Experience managing staff, their development, appraisals and delivering tasks on time
• Experience to work to customer specifications and suggest reasonable alternatives
• Awareness of industry and associated trades
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Practical experience working with leather and other materials within fashion/clothing/accessories
• Extensive experience in manufacturing using industrial sewing machinery
• Professional sewing experience
• Experience creating or working with patterns
• Experience of defining product specifications
• Experience in software packages: e.g. Visio, CAD, Office 2010.
To work as a Textile Manager, you will be the type of person who:
• Works well under pressure.
• Demonstrates an ability to work well in a team and able to work using own initiative.
• A keen eye for attention to detail and quality of work.
• Conscientious, self-motivated, flexible in approach, and able to respond positively to changes and feedback.
• Confident working to create innovative textile solutions and show initiative.
• Good written and oral communications skills.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Design and manufacture items in collaboration with the team and wider disciplines to meet requirements.
• Be responsible for carrying out an appropriate level of quality control, delegating when suitable.
• Be responsible for your own personal development and guiding the development of staff you manage.
• Contribute to the continued development of technology and manufacture at HMGCC.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our products meet design specifications. In return we offer a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be. For the right individual there is the possible opportunity for travel around the UK and overseas to support HMGCC.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.