Team Leader or Senior - Plastics Prototyping Ref. 376
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a 'hands on' Team leader for our Plastics Prototyping department based in our new manufacturing facility. Here you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and manufacturing equipment.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skills and experience to lead a team of skilled individuals who along with yourself will be manufacturing a wide range of components, created by close collaboration with a variety of customers and design engineers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and decide how you want to get the work done, as long as you can deliver.
If you are interested in a senior role within the Plastics Prototyping team but the thought of leadership isn't a good match for you currently, we are still interested in hearing from you.
We would need you to already have:
- In depth knowledge and experience of Plastics Prototyping and manufacturing techniques.
- Proven hand skills through experience in Model Making, Vacuum Casting or similar craft techniques.
- Knowledge and experience of Vacuum Forming, Injection Mould tool setting and processing, Glass
- Reinforced Plastic (GRP),CNCRouting and Rapid Prototyping.
- Understanding of 3D printing and processes involved in reverse engineering
- Experience with CAD, preferably Visi, ProEngineer or Geomagics.
- A recognised engineering apprenticeship or relevant experience.
- Good computer skills and competency in basic MS Office applications.
- Confident communications skills and ability to interact with customers
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
- Experience in a supervisory role.
- An understanding of adhesive types and joint properties.
- City & Guilds, ONC or higher qualifications in a relevant engineering discipline
- A range of additional complementary skills such as Toolmaking, CNCMachining, Wire EDM, Sheet
- Metal Fabrication or Precision Machining.
To work as a Team leader/Plastics Prototype Engineer you will be the type of person who:
- Has excellent communication skills. You will also enjoy talking to others to find out more about what they need and how you can help them.
- Is genuinely excited by finding solutions, thinking through all the different ways you could solve a problem.
- Enjoys making things and takes pride in what you do.
- Usesyour experienceto spot what could be better, or if there is something new you could try.
- Enjoyswhen it is up to you to decide how somethingis made, and see it through from beginningto end.
- Likesworking in a team, sharing ideas about how to get the results you need.
- Is excited by a challenge,being level headed and confident in your ability to do your best even if under pressure.
- Reallywantsto learnand improveyour knowledgeand skills.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your diverse range of craft skills within the Plastics Prototyping Team you will:
- Design and manufacture bespoke high quality components within challenging and demanding timescales, working from either engineering drawings or verbal instructions.
- Work closely with customers and onsite engineers to provide creative manufacturing solutions.
- Work on your own initiative to decide how you are going to make a product, whilst working through all manufacturing stages as required; including the design and manufacture of tooling aids.
- Be responsible for the quality of your work and work in accordance with procedures, policies and responsibilities common across HMGCC.
- Be willing to work (paid) overtime when required and provide out of hours support on a rota basis.
- Follows Health and Safety best practice, with a desire to make improvements through Lean and continuous improvement.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.