I.T. Technician Ref. 409
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for an I.T. Technician to join our growing team. Here you will have the opportunity to be creative, working with the latest technology.
We are looking for a multi-skilled technician to support teams of Software Engineers. Using your skills, you will be providing technical support, including software/hardware installation, Linux/Windows configuration, inventory/configuration management, procurement activities, general administration and co-ordination of technical meetings.
You will be supporting teams using state of the art facilities to enable the production of innovative solutions. Our projects range from tactical developments where tight timescales apply, to strategic development programs. No two projects are the same and in all cases you will be enabling work of the highest calibre.
We will give you the opportunity and support, to develop your skills and knowledge of design, development and implementation of I.T. solutions, to enable you to progress through and across the organisation. Within the team you will be able to organise your own work, with our key objective of delivery.
We would need you to already have:
• Good IT skills
• A strong interest in computers and technology
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• Prior experience within a software engineering environment
• Knowledge of Health & Safety within an office environment
To work as a IT Technician you will need to be the type of person who:
• Is naturally curious, wanting to learn how things fit together and questions unexpected results to help others find solutions
• Is comfortable following highly detailed instructions, or having the opportunity to use your initiative
• Sees tasks through from start to finish, always paying attention to detail to ensure that you produce high quality work within tight deadlines
• Has excellent communication skills. You will enjoy talking to others to find out more about what they need and how you can help them
• Values the personal satisfaction of knowing that you have made an important contribution to wider team projects
• Enjoys working with different types of people, and is able to adapt your approach to do the best job possible for them
• Takes pride in going 'the extra mile', with a willingness to be flexible and patient around other people's requirements
• Is excited by opportunities to learn about, and work with, highly specialist equipment and state of the art facilities
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Perform work in accordance with HMGCC's engineering policies, processes and procedures.
• Support design activities which address our customers' needs.
• Complete tasks to agreed quality, time and cost objectives.
• Be responsible for your continued professional development and be aware of the continued development of technology and engineering, within your area of concern.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
*Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.