CAD Parts Administrator Ref. 684
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Looking for a new way to make a difference with your component knowledge?
As the CAD Parts Administrator, you’ll join the Design office as a pivotal member of the team. You’ll provide essential services for hardware development engineers, manufacturing engineers and our supply chain teams. You’ll be working with experts in areas such as electronics, mechanical and RF engineering to help them push new technology into our cutting edge products.
You’ll manage our purchased parts database in an accurate and timely manner, enabling an effective product development process; all the way from early prototyping through to routine production assembly. You’ll also be supporting the manufacturing teams with the early identification of challenging parts and alternatives for obsolete parts.
The scale of our products vary from small items with only a handful of components to large systems with many modules and thousands of components. You’ll bring your versatility and passion to tackle a range of technical challenges to enable our engineering teams effectively.
Your personal development will be heavily invested in throughout your career with us with a combination of technical training and on the job training which will be tailored to you, so you’ll have everything you need to succeed.
More About You
You will already have:
• Experience in the proficient use of CAD systems
• Basic knowledge in PCB schematics and hardware layout
• Basic knowledge of component application and manufacturing techniques
• Excellent communication skills
You will also have one or more of the following:
• Experience of component and supply chain management.
• HNC/ HND in a related engineering discipline.
• Exposure to PCB design and/or electro-mechanical design principles.
• Experienced user of Altium or PTC Creo.
• Experience of using a PDM system, preferably PTC Windchill.
Your Personal Skills
You will be the type of person who:
• Naturally has a high attention to detail, being thorough and concise in your approach.
• Can comfortably communicate with colleagues across multiple departments and disciplines.
• Is skilled at interpreting technical specifications for parts.
• Takes pride in turning design specifications into accurate CAD models and meta data.
• Will relish the opportunity to play a key role in the effective manufacture of complex hardware products.
• Values contributing to a multi-disciplinary team, keeping others fully informed of the progress in your individual area of responsibility.
Putting your skills to use
Using your diverse range of skills within the Team, you will:
• Manage and fulfil the part request process for the hardware development teams.
• Download and interpret purchased part datasheets.
• Populate and manage the parts library within the PTC Windchill Product Data Management (PDM) System.
• Build schematic symbols, PCB footprints and 3D CAD models of purchased parts using the Altium ECAD software.
• Build 3D CAD models of purchased parts using PTC Creo MCAD Software.
• Assist engineers to identify alternatives when components are found to have become obsolete.
• Support Production Engineering to identify processing risks with new purchased parts.
• Be proactive in continually improving our processes to accelerate development timescales.
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 8 Bank Holiday days off in addition to your annual leave.
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classic cars or baking, golf or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Relocation Package*
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or BAME. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
*if you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident – Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re the right fit for you, please click here.
Discover more by clicking “Apply”.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.