Engineering Process Analyst Ref. 500
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for an Engineering Process Analyst to join our growing team. Here you will have the opportunity to be creative, working with stakeholders to map, design and integrate more effective engineering process across the whole engineering community.
We apply a broad range of analysis techniques including Lean, Six Sigma, ITIL, Business Analysis and Change Management in our drive to improve process and increase efficiency. You'll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of teams and make a real difference in improving how we do engineering.
We would need you to already have:
• Background in analysis e.g. Lean, Six Sigma, ITIL, Business Analysis
• Technical Writing Skills
• Proficient with Microsoft Suite, specifically Visio
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• Requirements Capture
• Stakeholder Analysis
• Understanding of BPMN
• The application of Engineering Standards (BS EN, ISO)
• Experience with Minitab or Statistical Analysis tools
To work as an Engineering Process Analyst you will be the type of person who:
• Will be able to identify opportunities to improve processes, analyse the information, manage risk and make decisions. You'll have the ability to balance the need for pace with rigorous evidence based analysis, and develop a robust understanding that is backed up with evidence.
• Can establish goals, develop plans and milestones and evaluate your progress against them. Has the ability to set clear defined, realistic objectives and deadlines. Monitoring their own progress against controls and milestones while maintaining a constant awareness of issues helping or hindering progress and taking appropriate action.
• Can express information clearly, listen, ask questions and check understanding. You would be expected to chair meetings with stakeholders and facilitate agreements. Using stakeholder analysis and building relationships with internal customers so you can anticipate reactions and provide a response that addresses concerns.
• Has the ability to build a good rapport with stakeholders as we recognise that this is critical to the success of any change. A successful candidate would be able to create a supportive environment where individuals feel comfortable to provide their input without prejudice.
• As an advocate of change, you will be expected to encourage and support others to be involved in change and looking for opportunities to learn and improve, including learning from mistakes. Encourage and enable others to share ideas, to suggest changes and to make improvements.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Support the development of processes, procedures, guidance forms, and associated systems that define how the identified engineering activities will be performed. Ensure compliance with adopted best practice and British standards.
• Communicate all aspects of engineering standards to people who will use the information using techniques that are appropriate to both the intended audience and content.
• Analyse data to identify trends and determine corrective actions to address issues. Present timely monthly and annual analysis of metrics to support business management activities.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.