Information Security Officer Ref. 622
This is a full-time role but flexible working patterns will be considered
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you'll provide IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You'll be looking to use your existing understanding of Information Security and to learn new skills to co-ordinate annual documentation reviews, manage internal documentation and lead on some
You'll communicate with a broad spectrum of stakeholders which will occasionally require travel to different locations.
Don't know it all? Don't worry about that, you'll be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who'll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications - we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOC's and apply here...
We would need you to already have:
• Documentation management experience: updating, reviewing and maintaining.
• Experience planning and delivering your own time and projects
• Some understanding of Information Security
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Stakeholder management experience: both internal and external.
• Experience of working with good practices guidelines and exposure to compliance frameworks: ISO 27001, CPNI, ISMS, ITIL.
• Awareness of cybersecurity would be beneficial but not essential
To work as an Information Security Officer, you'll be the type of person who:
• Take time to understand others, and what motivates them.
• Support others in building external collaborative relationships.
• Offer feedback to others in a constructive way.
• Keep customers informed about progress and the bigger picture as appropriate.
• Present confidently and persuasively .
• Manage tensions between requirements and communicate priorities.
• Think creatively and generate innovative approaches and solutions.
Putting Your Skills To Use
• Carry out common role responsibilities on medium complexity tasks, with minimal supervision, or assist others with delivery of higher complexity tasks.
• Ensure security requirements are clearly communicated to and understood by organisational team members, partners and service providers.
• Measure application of control implementation and on-going management of controls
• Assess Requests for Change and apply risk management methodologies. Make decisions and /or escalate to line management as appropriate.
• Provide formal and ad-hoc advice on security policy (national and local) in relation to the context of organisational operations.
• Manage and maintain the Information Security Management System and Risk Management Accreditation Document Set (RMADS).
• Assist line management with the dissemination of policy, procedures and initiatives.
In joining HMGCC, you will be part of a community that plays an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. You will work in a positive and creative environment where we offer all the tools and training you need to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possiblity of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our community to being a "Disability Confident Employer" we offer the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) To find out more, click the here.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.