Service Desk Analyst Ref. 623
This position is for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday on a shift basis.
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you'll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You'll be looking to provide first line technical support to customers who contact the Service Desk.
No two days will be the same, one day you could be managing a high priority system outage for a site, the next you could be amending critical user permissions to enable your customers to fulfil their jobs.
You will be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who'll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications - we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOC's and apply here...
We would need you to already have:
• Customer service experience
• Experience in using a call logging system
• Ability to prioritise workload with different levels of impact and urgency
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• Qualifications such as ITIL V3, SDI, Microsoft, COMPTIA
• Experience in user administration such as creating and terminating user accounts, applying user permissions
• Experience of working to deadlines such as Service Level Agreements
• Know when to refer issues to others, and draw on expertise.
• Plan ahead and involve others in a timely way.
• Explain information in a clear and logical way.
• Establish strong working relationships outside the organisation where appropriate.
• Deal efficiently with customer requests, queries and problems; delivering the best possible service.
• Show flexibility in adapting to the situation or requirements
• Set an example in high standards and values to others, show integrity and professionalism.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Deliver a professional and consistent level of service that provides resolutions within agreed deadlines and to customers' satisfaction
• Work in accordance with the Service Desk and Incident Management policies, processes, procedures and work instructions
• Assess, diagnose and, whenever possible, fix or provide a workaround to maximise the Service Desk's contribution to service call resolution
• Log, prioritise and assign service calls to ensure that issues are resolved at the earliest opportunity and with minimum impact to users and their business
• Monitor outstanding service calls, escalate when appropriate and communicate progress to all relevant parties
• Record and disseminate accurate and comprehensive information to support 2nd and 3rd line support activity
• Identify problem trends and opportunities for process improvement
• Assist with Service Desk documentation review and revision
• Work collaboratively with other Service Desks and support teams
• Provide regular and ad hoc information required for reporting
• Perform account administration tasks and system checks
• Manage High Priority tickets
• Authorise documents to be included in the knowledge base
• Act as mentor to junior members of the team
• Represent Service Desk Manager at meetings
In joining HMGCC, you will be part of a community that plays an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. You will work in a positive and creative environment where we offer all the tools and training you need to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our community to being a "Disability Confident Employer" we offer the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS) To find out more, click the here.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.