Internal Lead Auditor Ref. 317
This position is full time - 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a lead auditor to join the Risk and Assurance team who provide a range of Risk & Assurance support services. As part of the team you will be at the heart of the organisation, building relationships with and advising the Senior Leadership Team and colleagues at all levels of the organisation - you will be uniquely placed to understand and contribute to the mission of this exciting establishment.
We are looking for someone who has experience in auditing against ISO9001 and 27001 standards, excellent communication and organisational skills, a curiosity about how things work and an ability to build relationships with people at all levels. You will be comfortable with working independently and managing your own time, yet will be able to work well with team members when required and providing support to less experienced members of the team.
We would need you to already have or be prepared to obtain:
- Recognised Auditor qualification (IRCA/llA)
- Recent Auditing experience
- Thorough understanding of ISO9001:2015
- Thorough understanding of ISO27001:2013
- Understanding of process design and improvement methodologies
- IT literacy, including experience in using word processors, spreadsheets, e-mail etc
- Ability to provide practical solutions to problems, highlighting areas for improvement
- Report writing skills
- Knowledge and experience of interviewing techniques
- Comfortable working independently
- Ability to support less experienced members of the team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with good attention to detail
- Proven ability to build relationships effectively at all levels, both internally and externally
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise own workload
- Comfortable auditing a variety of processes
- Has an enquiring mind and an interest in learning new skills
- An ability to see the 'bigger picture' and look strategically across processes
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team your responsibilities will include:
- Undertaking internal audits and reporting findings to the business
- Coordinating visits and liaising with external Auditors
- Providing practical and professional advice on risk & assurance related topics to all employees
- Identifying and supporting process improvements
- Representing the team at internal events, activities and meetings
In joining HMGCC, you will be part of a community that plays an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. You will work in a positive and creative environment where we offer all the tools and training you need to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
Please note short listing will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.