DevOps Engineer Ref. 641
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Flexible working patterns will be considered.
Want to work somewhere that's a little bit different? Enjoy developing solutions? Want a better work life balance?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) at HMGCC, you'll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You'll bring your technical expertise to deploy and maintain systems that help protect national security at home and overseas. You may not know all of the details yet, but you soon will.
No two days will be the same, one day you could be developing our web technologies to improve users experience, the next you could be troubleshooting a fault with our high availability web services.
You will be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who'll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications - we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOCs and apply here...
More about you
You will already have:
• Experience of configuring and supporting Linux-based Web infrastructure
• Proven experience of using scripting/automation technologies
• Experience and knowledge of using containerisation software
To strengthen your application, you will also have one or more of the following:
• Experience of working with container orchestration and collaborative development toolsets
• Application lifecycle support experience (development, test, integration, support)
• System or application design experience
Your personal skills
You will be the type of person who will:
• Recognise good performance and encourage people to build on their strengths
• Think creatively and generate innovative approaches and solutions
• Set clearly defined, realistic objectives and deadlines
• Communicate with credibility to a variety of audiences, inside and outside the organisation
• Create and encourage positive working relationships
• Keep customers informed about progress and the bigger picture as appropriate
• Encourage and enable others to share ideas, to suggest changes and to make improvements
Putting your skills to use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Represent the organisation at external meetings for your specific areas of responsibility (Including technical, policy and service delivery issues)
• Be involved in the building, testing and implementation of significant system enhancements
• Lead and co-ordinating large scale Problem investigations
• Proactively identify system performance optimisation opportunities
• Review, revise and create low-level design documentation
• Provide expert subject matter technical input, including provide team training
• Providing stand in leadership and team support when required
• Own projects from beginning to end
What we offer you
Now that we've explained a bit about the role, here's what we can offer you:
• 25 days’ annual leave
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a 1day course to a distant learning degree. If it's relevant to your career, we will aim to support you
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is pretty competitive
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident: Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Governments communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure.
Discover more and apply here.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.