Service Desk Support Analyst Ref. 672
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday on a shift basis from 07:30 – 18:00
Want to use your customer service skills to really make a difference? Do you want to join a supportive team? Want to learn on the job?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you’ll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You’ll be looking to move into a Service Desk environment where you can use your existing customer service skills and build on your IT knowledge.
You will be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who’ll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications – we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOC’s and apply here…
More About You
You’ll already have:
• Customer service experience
• The ability to meet deadlines set for your tasks
• Experience using IT e.g. Microsoft Office Applications and the internet
To strengthen your application, it would be beneficial if you have one or more of the following (but these are not essential):
• Previous experience providing IT support
• Experience using call logging systems
Your Personal Skills
You’ll be the type of person who:
• Works cooperatively with others to achieve goals
• Shows flexibility in adapting to the situation or requirements
• Is responsive to customer requests
• Sets an example in high standards and values to others, showing integrity and professionalism
• Uses the most appropriate style and approach for the situation
• Plans ahead and manages your own workload
• Thinks through issues logically and finds appropriate solutions
Putting your skills to use
Using your expertise within the Service Desk, you will:
• Log, prioritise and assign service calls to ensure that issues are resolved at the earliest opportunity and with minimum impact to users and their business
• Monitor outstanding service calls, escalate when appropriate and communicate progress to all relevant parties
• Record and disseminate accurate and comprehensive information to support 2nd and 3rd line support activity
• Deliver a professional and consistent level of service that provides resolutions within agreed deadline and to customers satisfaction
• Work in accordance with the Service Desk and Incident Management policies, process, procedures and work instructions
• Assist with Service Desk documentation review and revision
• Work collaboratively with other Service Desks and support teams
• Assess, diagnose and, whenever possible, fix or provide a workaround to maximise the Service Desk’s contribution to service call resolution
• Identify problem trends and opportunities for process improvement
• Provide regular and ad hoc information required for reporting
• Perform account administration tasks and system checks
What we offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service
• 8 Bank Holiday days off in addition to your annual leave
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year)
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that
• Training, this can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you
• A competitive Pension scheme
• On site nursery (subject to availability)
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or BAME or an ally, we provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re the right fit for you, please click here.
Discover more and apply by clicking 'apply' below.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.