Information Security Manager Ref. 674
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday, flexible working patterns will be considered.
Do you want to make a difference in the UK and around the globe? Like to utilise your cyber security knowledge? Do you enjoy assessing risks?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you’ll lead a team to provide IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You’ll be using your existing in depth understanding of Information Security to articulate the need for Cyber Security and compliance, defining policy and managing wider security risks.
You will communicate with a board spectrum of stakeholders which will occasionally require travel to different locations.
You’ll be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who’ll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications – we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOC’s and apply here…
More About You
You’ll already have:
• Experience performing risk and compliance reviews on systems/processes
• Developed and maintained information security policies
• Experience maintaining ISMS (Information Security Management Systems)
To strengthen your application, it would be beneficial if you have one or more of the following (but these are not essential):
• Experience of implementing and maintaining ISO 27001:2015 ISMS
• Experience of security incident management and investigation
• A leading role on security awareness briefings and training
Your Personal Skills
You’ll be the type of person who:
• Enjoys leading and developing a small team
• Creates a flexible environment that enables people to respond effectively to changing demands
• Identifies and resolves conflicts between customers’ priorities
• Promotes a sense of community through communications and activities
• Carefully plans and delivers communication to support and enable change
• Takes responsibility for adherence to budget and evidence value for money
• Ensures the strategy and work of the organisation is robust and inspires confidence
Putting your skills to use
Using your expertise within the Information Security team, you will:
• Deliver your expertise, guidance and advice to Senior Management and staff on all aspects of personnel, physical and information security developing departmental strategies
• Ensure security policy is correctly selected and presented in organisational activities, paying particular attention to ISO27001 and Security Policy Framework (SPF)
• Where necessary provide information security advice and guidance on policy and requirements
• Ensure sufficient security processes or requirements exist across the organisation and are implemented, maintained, measured and improved to achieve and maintain accreditation
• Develop the departments approach to the secure implementation of technical solutions, addressing identification and evaluation of the technical risks and their mitigations
• Develop a collaborative approach with other professionals including partners and suppliers
• Provide mentoring and team support within the organisation, focusing on personnel, physical and information security
• Manage long-term development, performance and welfare of staff and set objectives
• Carry out common role responsibilities on large/higher complexity (medium impact/medium risk) tasks
What we offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service
• 8 Bank Holiday days off in addition to your annual leave
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year)
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that
• Training, this can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you
• A competitive Pension scheme
• On site nursery (subject to availability)
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or BAME or an ally, we provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re the right fit for you, please click here.
Discover more and apply by clicking 'apply' below.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.