Cleaner Ref. 888
Salary: £24,739 plus £1,600 annual allowance
Location: Hanslope Park, Milton Keynes
06:00 - 14:00 Monday to Thursday
06:00 - 13:30 Friday
(part time hours and job sharing considered)
Looking for a well-paid cleaning role with a great team and brilliant work-life balance? As a cleaner at HMGCC, you’ll get exactly that, all while being part of a wider mission. You’ll support our wider mission by providing a clean and safe working environment so our teams can focus on producing communications systems that protect national security.
With a positive attitude and friendly approach, you’ll use your excellent time management skills to provide a clean working environment to all employees and visitors. Whilst part of a large team, you’ll often work independently, so it’s important that you’re able to carry out tasks efficiently, prioritise your workload, and adapt to changing needs.
You’ll be given all the support you need to settle in and carry out your role – not only from your manager but also the rest of the team. And, if you’re looking to study towards gaining qualifications, we can help with that as well too. There are loads of opportunities to progress, and you’ll be empowered to do so.
More About You
- To be able to start at 06:00
- A thorough approach to cleaning duties i.e. emptying bins etc
- Some experience of dealing with the public
To strengthen your application, it would be beneficial (but not essential) for you to have one or more of the following:
- Previous experience working in a cleaning role
- Awareness of Health & Safety and COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health) regulations (training will be given to successful applicants)
You’ll be the type of person who:
- Treats security and health and safety as essential to the wellbeing of all
- Works collaboratively with others to achieve goals
- Communicates clearly and effectively
- Shows flexibility in adapting to situations or requirements
- Deals efficiently with customer requests and queries, delivering the best possible service
- Approaches any situation with a positive attitude
- Thinks through issues and finds appropriate solutions
Putting your skills to use
Your day-to-day will include:
- Undertaking all aspects of cleaning in designated areas within the site, as per the cleaning schedule, and to the required standard
- Emptying litter and recycling bins and removing the waste to the designated areas
- Using powered equipment where necessary
- Clearing up after flooding or other emergency cleaning within the nature of the job
- Collecting and distributing laundry, including white coats and tea towels
- Reporting any items that need maintenance or repair
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
- 25 days’ Annual Leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
- 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you’re asked to work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
- Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
- Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
- Sports & Social Society. Whether its classic cars or baking, golf or crafting, we have a society for you.
- On-site nursery (subject to availability).
- 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
- Free parking
- Free on-site gym, open 24 hours a day
- Affinity Groups – whether you have a disability, you’re part of the LGBTQIA+ community, and/or you’re from an Ethnic Minority background, we’re committed to providing an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
We’re HMGCC, His Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable, and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work-life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re right for you, please click here.
Inclusion and diversity really matter to us. It's not just about hitting targets. HMGCC are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and those with disabilities or who are neurodivergent.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talented people from all different backgrounds, and with different lived experiences and perspectives, to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
Please click the apply button. Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed. Everyone will get a response.
Please note: dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
Internal Reference RBR 101