Junior Software Tester Ref. 411
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for Software Testers to join our growing Test and Evaluation teams. Here you will have the opportunity to work with the very latest technology and deliver world class products.
We aspire to be the best place you'll ever work - we'll invest heavily in your career development through technical training programmes, professional accreditation, mentoring and on-the-job training.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of cutting edge technologies from server to mobile phone systems. You'll use your skill and experience to deliver a wide range of testing activities, including acceptance testing, whilst working with a variety of customers. We'll give you the opportunity to be innovative and take ownership of the testing tasks your involved in.
We would need you to already have:
• Broad experience of using both desktop & mobile applications, security software
• Design test cases, create test scripts and identify data to fulfil requirements as necessary
• An IT related formal or professional qualification
• Accurately, impartially and concisely interpret, record and report test results and recommendations, including analysis of defects
• Knowledge of computer systems, including a knowledge of computer hardware, peripherals and networking (LAN's)
• Work with guidance to delivery test objectives
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• Experience with Defect Management
• Experience of Software Virtualisation technologies
• ISTQB / ISEB testing qualification or similar
To work as a Verification & Validation Engineer in Software you will be the type of person who:
• Has excellent communication skills, and enjoys talking to others to find out more about what they need
• Has the ability to take on board a high degree of information and identify critical issues
• Demonstrates flexibility in responding to unexpected problems whilst being aware of the need to meet to existing milestones
• Naturally pays extremely close attention to detail, ensuring that every element is accurately recorded and nothing gets missed
• Is committed to finding out exactly what the customer really needs so that you can help make sure their requirements are met
• Enjoys thinking through all the different options that are available to you, taking pride in finding the best fit solution for customers
• Really wants to learn, and improve your knowledge and skills
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your diverse range of testing skills within the Software Test Team you will:
• Carry out a full range of testing activities on bespoke cutting edge system within challenging and demanding timescales.
• Identify and design test procedures and their associated objectives (success criteria) .
• Deliver testing documentation.
• Work closely with customers and engineers to provide creative testing solutions.
• Accurately, impartially and concisely interpret and record results.
• Ensure you remain up to date with current verification methodologies, technology and equipment, selecting the most appropriate for the task.
• Be responsible for the quality of your work and work in accordance with procedures, policies and responsibilities common across HMGCC.
• Be willing to expand your skills and knowledge to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer, visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
*Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.