Service Management Analyst Ref. 708
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Do you want to make a difference in the UK and around the globe? Do you enjoy a role with variety, where you will learn multiple disciplines and different frameworks within Service Management?
This is an ideal role for somebody who would like to start a career working within IT but in a non-technical role.
You will use your skills and experience to deliver excellent customer service to our government departments in the UK and around the globe. You will be joining a team who provide Asset Management, Problem Management, Change and Release Management and within this role you will provide support in all these areas. You will be involved in communicating with our user base, both on the phone and in writing, taking ownership of Hardware changes and ensuring successful delivery, visiting sites to perform audits of hardware, and maintaining our configuration system.
More About You
You will already have:
• Experience of delivering excellent Customer Service
• Experience of being able to plan, prioritise and organise a varied workload to meet deadlines
• IT knowledge and skills such as using Microsoft Office and Windows Operating Systems
You may also have one or more of the following:
• ITIL Knowledge
• Experience in one of the following areas: Service Desk, Incident Management, Configuration, Change or Problem Management
Your Personal Skills
You will be the type of person who:
• Likes taking ownership of tasks and seeing them through to a successful completion
• Problem solving; thinking on your feet when things do not go according to plan
• Talking to people whether internal technical teams or our customers
• Is inquisitive and proactive with the ability to challenge and offer solutions
Putting your skills to use
Using your diverse range of skills within the Service Management team, you will:
• Monitor open Request for Changes (RFC’s), and Problem Records on the Call Management system to ensure that they are up-to-date, an chase contributors for action
• Create/and or update reports covering all Service Management areas as required
• Minute Service Management meetings
• Register new Requests for Change onto the Call Management system
• Plan and manage through to completion all open RFC’s for users for installs and moves to equipment based at site, liaising with various stakeholders and agreeing dates and times
• Provide information of new or updated releases of software to the user community,
• Help prioritise backlog of work
• Register new Problem Records onto the Call Management system
• Record and maintain asset information in relevant systems
• Assist in hardware asset audits
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or TOIL. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, and sometimes it’s needed, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classis cars or baking, golf or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Relocation Package*
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LBGTQ and/or BAME. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
*if you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re the right fit for you, please click here.
Discover more and apply here.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.