Information Security Manager Ref. 587
This is a full-time role but flexible working patterns will be considered
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for an Information Security Manager to join our Information Assurance department. The successful applicant will provide specialist support for an IT service within a UK Government organisation and lead a small but growing team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with an understanding of information security; defining policy, maintaining assurance and balance business risk with appropriate strategic security solution. You will provide oversight and guidance to teams within the organisation, articulating the need for Cyber security and compliance. Primary responsibility will focus on Information Security, but the role will also be responsible for managing wider security risks the business faces.
This is an influential and interesting role where you will be liaising with internal and external stakeholders; which will bring you into contact with a broad spectrum of colleagues and Partners. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to develop their already effective communication skills.
We would need you to already have:
• Experience with performing risk and compliance reviews on systems/processes
• Developed and maintained information security policies
• Exposure to and experience maintaining of ISMS
• Experience of security incident management and investigation
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Experience of implementing and maintaining ISO 27001:2015 Information Security Management System
• CISSP, CISM, CISA or similar qualification or equivalent experience
• Security architecture and technical infrastructure experience
• Government assurance and accreditation experience
• Co-ordinate and address penetration test results on systems
• Lead on security awareness briefings and trainings
To work as an Information Security Manager, you will be the type of person who:
• Communicate a clear vision and direction
• Understand and act on strategic issues responding appropriately to external threats and opportunities
• Take responsibility for compliance with procedures and legal requirements
• Persuade and influence decision makers to gain agreement on key issues or proposals
• Promote a culture of team working, leading by example in encouraging and recognising teamwork
• Build and sustain relationships with the highest priority of customers and stakeholders
• Ensure change is relevant, well planned and co-ordinated, effectively communicated and followed through
Putting Your Skills to Use
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.