Business Support Assistant Ref. 594
HMGCC delivers innovative communication systems to support the UK's interests at home and overseas. We deliver a wide range of products from enterprise information systems to custom desktop and mobile applications.
Due to growth across the organisation, we are looking for we have two opportunities to join our organisation in both a Full Time and Part Time Business Support Roles.
Whichever department you join, you will have the chance to learn new skills and work with a variety of customers and engineers. We will give you the opportunity to be creative and help you to develop the necessary skills to get the work done, and deliver results.
We would need you to already have:
• Strong customer service background
• Experience of working in a busy administration environment
• Experience in responding to customer/stakeholder requirements (face to face, in writing and on the phone)
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• represented your department/organisation at events, activities or meetings across or outside your organisation
• Previous experience in diary management Personal Skills
To work as a Business Support Administrator, you will be the type of person who:
• Likes to work on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload.
• Has the ability to work in a fast paced environment with constantly changing priorities, and will be able to show confidentiality and discretion with certain aspects of the role.
• Will be enthusiastic and well organised, taking pride in delivering the best possible service.
• Has the ability to see a task through from beginning to end, with a good eye for detail and strong customer service skills.
• Has excellent communication and networking skills. You will also enjoy talking to others to find out more about what they need and how you can help them.
• Enjoys working with a variety of people, sharing ideas about how to get the results you need.
• Enjoys working with a wide range of people and is confident and pro-active in asking for help, support and guidance.
• Really wants to learn and improve their knowledge and skills
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Follow laid down procedures adhering to time scales which enable required day to day activity to be completed
• Contribute to the effective application and development of laid down procedures adhering to time scales which enable required day to day activity to be completed
• Provide guidance in response to customer/stakeholder requirements
• Represent the department at events, activities or meetings across or outside the organisation
• Organise and manage the teams working environment to ensure everyone is able to operate and deliver effectively, dealing with routine matters on the team’s behalf.
• Maintain awareness of relevant legislation, policy, best practice and processes and be able to communicate these to others.
• Support the production of relevant team, departmental and business reports.
• Maintain team and department documentation and records
• Ensure value for money and effect use of resources with the team and department.
• Support the team in completing standardised business process.
• Responding to customer/stakeholder requirements (face to face, in writing or on the phone) in an efficient and effective manner and seeking guidance where answers are not covered by laid down processes and procedure
• Complete tasks to agreed quality, time and cost objectives. Ensure that managers are informed of progress and immediately communicate risks to quality, schedule or cost.
We have two Business Support roles in the following areas:
The role will be to support the senior leadership team (approximately 6 senior managers) providing diary assistance, admin support and co-ordination. The manufacturing Division focuses on responsive delivery to a wide ranging customer base. Your role will be to assist the leadership who are charged with ensuring the right skills, processes and facilities are maintained and developed to be able to meet our customers' demands now and in the future.
The role will be to support the senior leadership team (approximately 4 senior managers) providing diary assistance, event planning and co-ordination. The Technology business focuses on innovation, near future and current technology delivery. Your role will be to assist the leadership who are charged with ensuring HMGCC has the right skills, knowledge and environments to be able to meet our customers' demands now and in the future.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
In joining HMGCC, you will be part of a community that plays an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. You will work in a positive and creative environment where we offer all the tools and training you need to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.