Information Management Officer Ref. 597
This is a full-time role but flexible working patterns will be considered
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for an Information Management Officer. As part of a small Information Management (IM) team, the post holder will provide specialist IM support for a large, secure IT service within a UK Government organisation. IM is a core part of the service, and this is a role which will provide a challenge for your information and communication skills, as well as excellent development opportunities.
Responsible for a wide range of IM support functions, the post holder will contribute towards providing IM support, focussed on compliant information management whilst encouraging collaboration.
We would need you to already have:
• Either: some demonstrable experience of working in a knowledge, information or records management role;
• Or: a professional or academic qualification accredited by CILIP (the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals), ARA (the Archives and Records Association), or equivalent
• Experience using Microsoft Office e.g. Word, Excel
• An understanding of current knowledge, information and records management opportunities and challenges.
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Some experience of using and promoting knowledge and information through:
o Understanding user needs and behaviour in order to help develop effective IM services;
o Working with key stakeholders to discuss and understand their policies and best practices;
o Encouraging the use of collaboration tools.
• Some experience of managing and organising information through:
o Understanding where IM processes add value to the business;
o Organising and labelling information so that it is easy to retrieve and appropriately controlled;
o Creation and maintenance of information and records through their lifecycle.
• Some knowledge of policies such as data protection (under the GDPR), freedom of information, public records etc.
• Some experience of working with electronic document and records management software (EDRMS).
• An awareness of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best-practice.
To work as a Information Management Officer you will be the type of person who:
• Likes to work through problems logically, and able to suggest solutions.
• Is able to plan ahead and manage your own workload.
• Is able to explain information in a clear and logical way, and takes account of other people's views.
• Enjoys working in a team, and supporting others to achieve goals.
• Takes pride in delivering the best possible service, with a positive and proactive approach.
• Is open to change, and wants to learn and improve your knowledge and skills.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Provide IM support for project delivery by:
o Helping to promote the IM aspects of individual projects;
o Working with colleagues and end-users to understand requirements and business processes;
o Assisting with super-user training and on-site support during roll-outs.
• Act as a first point of contact for day-to-day IM queries.
• Work with colleagues to review, revise and draft guidance and procedural documentation.
• Help others to organise and manage their knowledge and information throughout its lifecycle.
• Liaise with IM teams and other colleagues in Partner organisations to help promote and improve information management.
• As part of this role, you may be expected to travel to customers within the UK.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.