Associate IT System Engineer Ref. 600
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for an IT System Engineer to join a growing team.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in a diverse range of hardware and software products. Our IT Department delivers a range of high quality IT services used by a growing number of Government Departments following the ITIL best practice framework.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual with the chosen skills to become part of the Application Support Team. This team is primarily responsible for the support, maintenance and the development of our core business solutions in line with our technology roadmap.
You will have the chance to work in a team of like-minded individuals and share your ideas; you will get to trial cutting edge technologies and work in a dynamic and friendly department. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and decide how you want to get the work done, learning new skills along the way and develop your career.
We would need you to already have:
• A proven experience working on MS Windows Server Operating Systems
• A demonstrable knowledge of Active Directory Administration
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• A proven knowledge of Citrix presentation Server and XenApp
• Working experience with Linux
• Proven experience of creating formal design and build documentation
• Demonstrable knowledge of Microsoft SQL
• Proven experience with current versions of MS Exchange Server
To work as an IT System Administrator, you will be the type of person who can:
• Think creatively and suggest innovative approaches and solutions
• Plan ahead and manage your workload
• Pay attention to detail and be conscientious
• Use the most appropriate style and approach for the target audience
• Treat everyone with respect
• Work cooperatively with others to achieve goals
• Keep customers informed about progress
• Build strong relationships with customers
• Are open minded and positive about change
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will be:
• Involved in the building, testing and implementation of significant system enhancements
• Facilitating increased first-line fix rates
• Involved in large scale Problem investigations
• Investigating performance, capacity, and reliability issues which may impact service availability
• Creating and revising procedural documentation and contributing to low-level designs
• Providing technical input where required using the appropriate method of communication
• Open to share knowledge with your colleagues to elevate the overall support of the system and encourage team ideals
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.