Project Support Officer Ref. 602
The Project Support Team provides support in the delivery of projects and products to our customers.
You will be working as part of a close knit team, with a strong professional identity, operating in a dynamic environment assisting Project, Programme and Portfolio Managers, enabling delivery and producing project status reports in accordance with best practice guidance and processes.
You will be required to work under your own initiative, but also as part of the PSO team, and liaise with people working at all levels of the organisation. Strong communications skills, excellent time management and a close attention to detail are key to the role.
You will be supported on your personal development and provided with appropriate training for the role.
We would need you to already have:
• Working knowledge of MS Project or equivalent project scheduling tool
• Working knowledge of MS Excel
• Knowledge of tracking project finance
• Knowledge of reporting on project health indicators
• Report writing and data analysis
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Experience of working in an Enterprise Project Management environment
• Knowledge of FocalPoint financial software
• Axelos P30 Foundation qualification or equivalent project delivery qualification
• APM Introductory Certificate or equivalent Project Management Qualification
To work as a Project Support Officer, you will be the type of person who:
• Is enthused by working with others, always displaying high professional standards and values
• Likes to work through problems logically, drawing upon your experience to provide solutions, knowing when to seek advice from others
• Enjoys working with people with a diverse range of skills, sharing ideas about how to get the results you need
• Likes to works on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload
• Will enjoy talking to others to find out more about what they need and how you can help them. You will be able to demonstrates clear, authoritative and professional communication skills and be prepared to influence and challenge others to reinforce good practice
• Takes pride in delivering the best possible service, even when you are faced with a challenging situation
• Is pro-active about maintaining and developing your knowledge and skills
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Assist Portfolio, Programme and Project Managers to ensure that projects are delivered within planned timescales and resource budgets, and that project deliverables are signed off
• Review progress against identified project health indicators to identify areas of concern
• Maintain project schedules and report progress to the Project Manager, and make Project Managers aware of any issues appropriately and efficiently so as to avoid surprises
• Work together in partnership with Project Managers to improve project performance in response to information from project health indicators
• Prepare monthly Project Reports for review
• Maintain an awareness of project delivery best practice guidance and processes
• Contribute to the development and communication of PSO good practice and policy
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.