Associate Project Manager Ref. 603
This is a full-time role but flexible working patterns will be considered
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for a trainee to join our team of project managers. You will lead projects, with the support of experienced project managers, that solve real, and often unique, technical problems. Our work is highly varied and our project timescales range from a couple of months to a few years meeting the needs of our government in the UK and around the world.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is considering a career in Project Management. HMGCC holds Association of Project Management (APM) Corporate Accreditation and we offer a supportive environment. We invest heavily in your career development through training courses, professional accreditation, mentoring and on-the-job training. We ask that you are eager to learn and be up for a challenge.
Key Objectives/ Areas of Responsibility
The Project Manager is responsible for driving and overseeing the delivery of the project to ensure that the objectives are clearly defined and achieved within the agreed time cost and quality constraints. Key activities include:
• Leading project planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting activities;
• Managing risks and assurance plans;
• Understanding the needs of stakeholders;
• Reviewing progress and identifying areas of concern;
• Providing the leadership to keep the project on course to meet its objectives;
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
We would need you to already:
• Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the techniques and best practices of project management. You may have had some experience running projects, perhaps related to an event in your personal life, that you will be able to use to demonstrate your understanding of project principles
• You will be able to demonstrate evidence of co-operative working relationships with colleagues and customers working together in a team environment
• Have good written and verbal communication skills
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Experience in leading others
• Project management qualifications such as PRINCE2 or APM
• Experience of working in a project support role
• Experience of working with Microsoft Project or similar project management tools
Behaviour and Personality Profile
• An enthusiastic, self-starting approach with an appetite for success
• The ability to work to tight deadlines
• Excellent problem solving, communication and liaison skills
• The ability and willingness to learn and adapt
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.