Junior/ Graduate Signal Processing Specialist Ref. 606
This position is for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday on a permanent basis
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for a Graduate Signal Processing Specialist to join an expanding team of engineers and technologists specialising in acoustics, signal processing and data science.
No two days are the same at HMGCC as we tackle applied research, design work, and offer consultancy to internal and external customers. We carry out an interesting mix of theoretical, practical, experimental and innovative work as we develop technologies to meet the needs of our customers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual. Although primarily an engineering function, all roles within the team provide opportunities for challenging your analytical and communication skills, through stakeholder engagement activities such as customer discovery and requirements capture.
We would need you to already have:
• A degree or equivalent experience in signal processing, image processing, maths, physics, electronics or a related subject
• Practical experience of applying signal processing algorithms to audio, speech, imaging or text
• Experience using MATLAB or a similar mathematical modelling tool
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Practical experience of applying Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence to data problems
• Experience of working with C/C++/C#/Python code.
To work as a Signal Processing Specialist, you will be the type of person who:
• Is enthused by working with other capable engineers, combining your collective knowledge to produce better results
• Likes seeing things through to the end. You have the drive and commitment to finish projects to a high standard
• Enjoys the challenge of thinking of innovative solutions to hard problems. You are not constrained by convention
• Can manage your own workload and is able to adapt to changing demands on your time
• Has excellent communication skills. You enjoy sharing your knowledge and can present convincingly to technical and non-technical audiences
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Elicit requirements from end users and propose solutions that are fit for purpose
• Evaluate third party solutions and make recommendations for their adoption or improvement
• Keep up to date with the latest academic research and pull through relevant research into customer solutions
• Propose, steer and undertake applied research projects
• Share results and progress with the wider team using written or verbal communication
• Maintain your signal processing knowledge and undertake continuous professional development in line with your own, and HMGCC's needs
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.