Senior Business Relationship Manager Ref. 610
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Senior Business Relationship Manager to join our Business Engagement team within the Service Operations Centre (SOC), providing IT Services and Solutions to Government Departments throughout the UK and worldwide .
The SOC Business Relationship Manager is required to provide a strategic bridge between SOC partners, through the establishment, development and maintenance of relationships.
Your main purpose is to establish, develop and maintain effective mutually beneficial relationships and manage customer expectations. You will be recognised as a central point of contact by your partner stakeholders, representing their requirements and raising awareness of the relevant SOC products and services.
The Business Relationship Manager will be required to work with partners to ensure that adequate funding is sourced to meet the cost of SOC activity in support of requirements.
This is a customer-oriented role, where strong interpersonal skills are required to provide partners with a valuable experience that they look forward to continuing. As such this role involves a large amount of travel between customer sites.
We would need you to already have:
• A record of building strong Customer/Supplier relationships up to senior level
• Ability to work under own initiative
• Worked effectively with senior stakeholders to manage delivery expectations
• Demonstrated successful practical experience delivering services within budget to agreed quality standards
• Understanding of strategic importance of Customer Relationship Management and how this influences delivery
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Experience in handling and resolving customer requirements
• Willingness to travel to key sites as required
• ITIL Foundation qualified
To work as a Senior Business Relationship Manager, you will be the type of person who:
• Trust others to deliver but share in the responsibility.
• Understand broader government strategy and priorities, and share understanding with the team .
• Manage tensions between requirements and communicate priorities.
• Provide comprehensive information to customers and Service Leaders, inspiring confidence.
• Participate in corporate work and cross Service project teams.
• Build and sustain relationships with the highest priority customers and stakeholders.
• Find ways to ensure that the team and Service learns from external expertise and other organisations.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
1. Create and maintain constructive relationships with Partners that support the business objectives. Identify any significant trends or concerns to the appropriate teams.
2. Listen to concerns and issues arising with current and potential services. Ensure these are effectively communicated to the appropriate business area to take forward to resolution.
3. Guide Partners to use the correct 'business as usual' processes (RFI, RFC etc.).
4. Cultivate excellent internal relationships to ensure mutual understanding and consistency of communication.
5. Engage with Partners regarding individual subject/information areas to gain Partner insight and appetite, for example co-ordinating early engagement on potential roadmap activity.
6. Create and maintain long-term relationships with key senior-level decision makers and influencers amongst the Partner base. Be recognised as a point of contact for Partners but ensure hand-off to the correct SOC function where appropriate.
7. Represent the Partners' interests, strategies and future needs ensuring that needs are understood and included in priority discussions and decisions .
8. Work with wider change initiatives that have interest in the SOC customer base to ensure coherence in communication and provide mutually beneficial input.
9. Perform pre-RFC/'front of house' activity for new Partners or new sites for existing Partners, such that high level system requirements are documented and a sufficiently detailed project outline is handed to Project Management.
10. Maintain a good working knowledge of current capabilities, changes and portfolio roadmap, such that common queries can be answered readily or issues identified.
11. Feed into the Front Door Process Partner requirements or areas for process improvement as part of overall SOC Continual Service Improvement activities.
12. Help Partners understand business change activities arising from Service changes and communicate what Partners need to do in conjunction with the SOC Business Engagement Team.
13. In support of the SOC portfolio, identify trends and future plans, communicating these to the portfolio stakeholders for inclusion in strategic planning processes and capability development strategies.
14. Manage the pre-RFC/'Front Door' activity for new Services, such that high level system requirements are documented and a sufficiently detailed project scope is handed to Project Management.
15. Solicit feedback on the Partners' long term strategies and ensure that these are fed into the SOC processes to enable business and portfolio planning and identification of future investment requirements.
16. Identify areas for improvement of the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) capability, working with the Business Engagement team (and wider SOC) to realise the benefits of any improvements .
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.