Security Escort Ref. 588
(08:15 - 16:15)
HMGCC are looking for a new recruit to join our Facility Management Team. This is an opportunity to help maintain the security at HMGCC by enabling contractors to perform tasks in compliance with our safety and security procedures and to support the wider organisation.
As a member of the Facility Management Team, you will escort and observe contractors whilst they are on site so should be comfortable with working in a team and also under your own initiative. You will be liaising with people working at all levels of the organisation. Good communication, excellent time management and good attention to detail are key to this role.
We would need you to already have:
• Some experience of dealing with the general public
• Some experience of Health & Safety
• Some experience of following process and procedures
(Please make your past roles and experience clear in your application form to demonstrate that you meet these requirements.)
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Worked in a Security role
To work as a Security Escort, you will be the type of person who:
• Treats security and health and safety as essential to the wellbeing of all
• Work cooperatively with others to achieve goals
• Shows flexibility in adapting to situations or requirements
• Deal efficiently with customer requests, queries and problems; delivering the best possible service
• Use the most appropriate style and approach for the situation
• Overcome obstacles and see tasks through to completion
• Think through issues logically and find appropriate solutions
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your skills as part of our team you will:
• Escort contractors to and from reception to their place of work
• Ensure contractors only access pre-arranged areas to carry out their works
• Observe the contractors at work and question any action or activity you deem inappropriate
• Immediately raise any concerns to the Facilities Management Team
• Take responsibility for the contractors general Health and Safety and welfare while on the HMGCC estate
• Work within the security policy and procedures with regard to visitors/contractors accessing the site
• Work within the HMGCC Health and Safety framework document and Business Plan to deliver a safe working environment for staff, contractors and visitors to the site
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
You will play an integral part in ensuring our organisation can support our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe making them reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.