Security Office Administrator Ref. 589
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for an Administrative role as a Security Assistant to join our growing team. Our Security Team provides expertise, guidance and advice on all aspects of physical security.
As a member of this team you will liaise with a variety of different people on site and provide a wide range of day-to-day task based administrative support. You should have great attention to detail, as you will be responsible for compiling and maintaining security statistics, information and records.
We are looking for someone who has good written and verbal communication skills as you will be providing practical and professional physical security advice and assistance to all employees and visitors to HMGCC.
You will be the type of person who thrives on change and enjoys working in an environment where each day could be different. It is important that you enjoy working in a team as well as on your own, supporting each other to achieve goals.
We are looking for someone who is interested in learning and developing in the Security field. You will receive training on a wide range of Security related subjects and for those who show interest the opportunity in the future to study towards gaining qualifications in the security discipline.
We would need you to already have:
• Experience in working in an office based administrative role
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (including word and excel)
• Experience of working in a customer services environment
• A basic understanding of personal and physical security
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Physical Security related experience/qualifications
• CCTV and Access Control system experience
• Previous Physical Security role experience
To work as a Physical Security Assistant, you will be the type of person who:
• Supports others to achieve their goals
• Identifies and demonstrates problem solving and develops practical solutions
• Is able to plan ahead and manage your workload
• Is able to react and be proactive to the varied situations at short notice
• Always has excellent attention to detail and is conscientious about administration
• Is able to express information clearly and accurately whilst keeping the customer informed
• Includes others, contributes to the team and is reliable
• Demonstrates an understanding of the bigger picture
• Really wants to take the opportunity to learn and improve
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Assist the Security team in delivering security guidance and advice to all stakeholders
• Provide day-to-day task based administrative support to the physical security team
• Compile and maintain security statistics, information and records
• Support in the implementation and management of an innovative and proactive security regime
• Support security systems such as Access Control and CCTV
• Provide practical and professional physical security advice/assistance to all stakeholders
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.