Forensic Science Practitioner Ref. 689
Full-time, part-time and flexible working patterns available
Why not use your existing Forensic experience where you can provide essential support and really make a difference?
No two days will be the same; one day you could be involved in an urgent trial where your attention to detail and time management will be key to delivering an outcome to your customer. The next you could be using your communication skills to deliver a presentation to another team, showing them examples of where your work has provided critical information to produce a successful outcome.
Your Forensic skills and experience will be crucial to ensuring anti-contamination practice is maintained and that HMGCC delivers the highest standard of equipment to Government. You'll enjoy working closely with colleagues to devise and deliver innovative experiments and trials and will assist in the development and delivery of training packages to upskill and educate staff across a range of disciplines.
You'll already have:
• Forensic experience - e.g. either field or laboratory-based experience of forensic science practices and approaches.
• Aptitude for problem solving and ability to devise innovative solutions.
• Scientific Degree or equivalent qualification, and/or equivalent forensic experience.
• Excellent communication skills - e.g. writing: reports, reviews, summaries and/or; verbal presentations to audiences.
To strengthen your application, it would be beneficial if you have one or more of the following (but these are not essential):
• In-depth knowledge of forensic science practices.
• Knowledge of anti-contamination procedures.
• Experience with creating and delivering training packages to a range of audiences.
• Evidence of keeping up-to-date with scientific and technical developments.
To work as a Forensic Science Practitioner you will be the type of person who:
• Will set and follow high standards in interactions with colleagues and management.
• Thinks through issues logically and finds appropriate solutions.
• Manages own workload. Follows policies and processes. Demonstrates attention to detail.
• Communicates with credibility to a variety of audiences.
• Creates and encourages positive working relationships.
• Promotes new and flexible ways of delivering services that are responsive to customer needs.
• Learns from opportunities, including mistakes; implements changes where required
Putting Your Skills to Use
As part of our team you will:
• Use forensic expertise to develop innovative solutions.
• Design and deliver training to staff across Government.
• Participate in the upskilling and development of less experienced staff.
• Have an active role in planning,setting up and undertaking controlled experiments and trials.
• Act as a subject matter expert to ensure best practice is maintained
What we offer
Now that we've explained a bit about what you will be doing, here's what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years' service
• 8 Bank Holiday days off in addition to your annual leave
• 2 X additional days leave (set dadtes throughout the year)
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that
• Training, this can be anything from a X day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it's relevant to your career, we will aim to support you
• A competitive Pension scheme (Alpha)
• On site nursery (subject to availability)
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Affinity groups - whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or BAME or an ally, we provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
We're HMGCC, Her Majesty's Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It's ok, we're used to it! That's because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We're not looking for any one type of person. We're looking for talent from all different background to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we're the right fit for you, please click here.
Discover more and apply by clicking 'apply' below.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.