Associate Project Support Officer Ref. 527
The Project Support Team provides support to Project Managers in their delivery of projects and products to our customers, as well as being a key part of our approach to project assurance.
You will be working as part of a close knit team, with a strong professional identity, operating in a dynamic environment assisting Project, Programme and Portfolio Managers, enabling delivery, producing project status reports and supporting the Project Management tool EPM.
You will be required to work under your own initiative, but also as part of the PSO team, and liaise with people working at all levels of the organisation. Strong communications skills, excellent time management and a close attention to detail are key to the role.
We would need you to already have:
• Awareness of MS Project and Excel office packages
• Knowledge of tracking finance
• Knowledge of reporting on project health indicators
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Report writing and data analysis
• Awareness of FocalPoint financial software
• Axelos P30 Foundation qualification
• APM Introductory Certificate or equivalent Project Management qualification
To work as a Project Support Officer, you will be the type of person who:
• Is enthused by working with others, always displaying high professional standards and values.
• Likes to work through problems logically, knowing when to seek advice from others.
• Enjoys working with people with a diverse range of skills, sharing ideas about how to get the results you need.
• Likes to works on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload.
• Will enjoy talking to others to find out more about what they need and how you can help them and you will be able to demonstrate clear and professional communication skills.
• Takes pride in delivering the best possible service, even when you are faced with a challenging situation.
• Engage in training and development activities in order to develop towards becoming an established PSO.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Assist Portfolio, Programme and Project Managers to ensure that projects are delivered within planned timescales and resource budgets, and that project deliverables are signed off.
• Review progress against identified project health indicators to identify areas of concern.
• Maintain project plans and report progress to the Project Manager, and make Project Managers aware of any issues appropriately and efficiently so as to avoid surprises.
• Work together in partnership with Project Managers to improve project performance in response to information from project health indicators.
• Prepare monthly Project Reports for review by Portfolio Managers and customers.
• Maintain an awareness of Project Management guidance and processes.
• Provide EPM system user support.
• Support the Project Data Integrity Process.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.