Information Management Specialist Ref. 533
This is a full-time role but flexible working patterns and part-time working will be
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for an Information Management Specialist to join a growing team. As part of a small Information Management (IM) team, the post holder will provide specialist IM support for a large, secure IT service within a UK Government organisation. IM is a core part of the service, and this is a role which will provide a challenge for your information and communication skills, as well as excellent development opportunities.
Responsible for a wide range of IM support functions, the post holder will contribute towards providing first-rate IM support, focussed on compliant information management whilst encouraging collaboration.
We would need you to already have:
• Proven experience in a knowledge, information or records management role.
• Well-developed information management skills, including an aptitude and interest in working with information structures and standards.
• A good awareness of current Knowledge, Information and Records Management opportunities and challenges.
• Generic IT skills (MS Office).
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• A professional or academic qualification accredited by CILIP (the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals), ARA (the Archives and Records Association), or equivalent.
• Experience of using and promoting knowledge and information through:
o Requirements - understanding user needs and behaviour in order to develop effective IM services.
o Engagement with key stakeholders to agree policies and best practices.
o Encouraging the use of collaboration tools, in accordance with IM policies.
• Experience of managing and organising information through:
o Understanding business requirements and where IM processes add value.
o Organising and labelling information so that it is easy to retrieve and appropriately controlled.
o Creation and maintenance of information and records through their lifecycle.
• Experience of promoting information governance by:
o Providing advice and guidance on areas such as data protection (under the GDPR}, freedom of information, public records etc.
o Providing guidance to users on their responsibility to manage the information that they generate, in accordance with policy.
• Experience of working with electronic document and records management software (EDRMS).
• Awareness of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best-practice.
To work as an Information Management Specialist, you will be the type of person who:
• Likes to work through problems logically, drawing on your experience to provide solutions.
• Likes to use their initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your own workload.
• Has excellent communication skills, enjoys talking to a wide range of people, and is not afraid to challenge or be challenged. You will be confident in explaining IM issues to non-specialists.
• Enjoys working in a team and supporting others to achieve goals.
• Takes pride in delivering the best possible service, with a positive and proactive approach.
• Wants to learn and improve your knowledge and skills.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Provide IM support for project delivery by:
o Driving the information organisation and handling aspects of individual projects;
o Understanding user requirements and business processes.
o Actively engaging and securing agreement between key stakeholders.
o Delivering formal IM plans to inform subsequent technical and service management work.
o Providing super-user training and on-site support during roll-outs.
• Act as a first point of contact for IM queries.
• Review, revise and create guidance and procedural documentation; capturing and sharing knowledge and understanding within the IM team and with other teams.
• Work with colleagues to organise and manage knowledge and information throughout its lifecycle to effectively support the business:
o Managing document and records management processes within the organisation.
o Communicating and working closely with colleagues to promote the benefits of
effective information and records management.
• Liaise with IM teams and other colleagues in Partner organisations to improve and promote compliance with information standards across the user community.
• As part of this role, you may be expected to travel to customers within the UK.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
This is a rolling campaign and shortlisting will be undertaken on a regular basis/Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.