Service Desk Support Analyst Ref. 538
This position is for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday on a shift basis
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for a Service Desk Support Analyst to join our growing team. We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated person with an interest in IT and excellent customer service skills. This is the ideal role for someone looking to move into a Service Desk environment where you can build your IT knowledge and utilize your customer service skills.
We would need you to already have:
• Excellent communication skills, able to evidence examples of face to face, written and verbal communication styles
• Experience of accurate and detailed record keeping
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Ability to prioritise tasks with different levels of impact and urgency
• Experience using IT such as Microsoft Office Applications and the Internet
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• ITIL knowledge or awareness
• Experience using call logging systems
• Experience in a role dealing with customers internally and externally
To work as a Service Desk Support Analyst you will be the type of person who:
• Treat everyone with respect and work cooperatively with others to achieve goals.
• Show flexibility in adapting to the situation or requirements of the Service and learn from opportunities, including mistakes.
• Be responsive to customer requirements.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Deliver a professional and consistent level of service that provides resolutions within agreed deadlines and to customers' satisfaction
• Work in accordance with the Service Desk and Incident Management policies, processes, procedures and work instructions
• Assess, diagnose and, whenever possible, fix or provide a workaround to maximise the Service Desk's contribution to service call resolution
• Log, prioritise and assign service calls to ensure that issues are resolved at the earliest opportunity and with minimum impact to users and their business
• Monitor outstanding service calls, escalate when appropriate and communicate progress to all relevant parties
• Record and disseminate accurate and comprehensive information to support 2nd and 3rd line support activity
• Identify problem trends and opportunities for process improvement
• Assist with Service Desk documentation review and revision
• Work collaboratively with other Service Desks and support teams
• Provide regular and ad hoc information required for reporting
• Perform account administration tasks and system checks
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government 's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
This is a rolling campaign and shortlisting will be undertaken on a regular basis.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.