Software Developer (Graduate / Junior) Ref. 378
Full time, part time and flexible working patters will be considered. Any additional hours worked will be paid or can be taken as time off in Lieu.
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for Software Developers to join our growing Team.
HMGCC delivers innovative communication systems to support the UK's interests at home and overseas. We deliver a wide range of products from enterprise information systems to custom desktop and mobile applications. To ensure our solutions continue to meet, and even exceed, customer expectations we need bright and enthusiastic graduates to join our development teams.
We aspire to be the best place you'll ever work - we'll invest heavily in your career development through technical training programmes, professional accreditation, mentoring and on-the-job training.
As a key team member you'll get to develop, test, deploy and maintain software solutions that solve real, and often unique, technical problems.
Our work is hugely varied. Project time scales range from a couple of weeks to a few years, and we use a huge variety of technology stacks, so we need versatile and passionate people to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward. At HMGCC you'll see how your work can really make a difference.
We are looking for exceptional candidates with a genuine interest in computing and the ability to program.
We need you to already have the ability to:
- Design, develop and test software in one or more of C, C++, C#, Java and Objective-C
- Develop for one or more of Windows, Linux, macOS, Android or iOS
- Reason about the performance of different data structures and algorithms
- A 2.1 (or greater) Bachelors/Master's degree in relevant discipline OR practical experience within industrial, commercial or academic sectors
The following are desirable and would strengthen your application:
- Scripting skills such as Python, PowerShell, Perl or Bash
- Experience of using one or more of the following:
- Visual Studio, developing for Windows
- JetBrains lntelliJ-based IDEs, developing for Linux, Android or the Web
- Xcode, developing for iOS or macOS
- Experience of revision control, continuous integration and static analysis
Putting your skills to use
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skill and experience to create a wide range of components whilst working with a variety of customers and design engineers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and decide how you want to get the work done, as long as you can deliver. We ask that in return you have a willingness to learn and take on responsibility.
- Develop and document software to the highest standards.
- Verify designs through testing and code review.
- Provide product support and investigate reported defects.
- Contribute to project planning and meetings.
Firstly, you will need to upload your CV and submit a short application form, our recruitment team will then conduct a sift of your application.
Successful applicants will be invited to a telephone interview, which will include some competency based questions and will explore your background and motivation to work for HMGCC. At the same time as your telephone interview invite, you will be asked to complete an online programming test to assess your problem solving, debugging and diagnostics skills.
If successful, you will be invited to a face to face interview with our Hiring Team and an Occupational Psychologist.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us’ page.
*If you are moving to the area we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.