Tester Ref. 714
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Like to challenge your analytical skills? Enjoy developing solutions to improve outcomes? Want a better work life balance?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you’ll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You’ll bring your testing skills and experience to ensure our products continually meet the high standards and security needs of the wider Government departments and to mature our ways of working to align with Agile and DevSecOps development.
No two days will be the same, one day you could be automating bespoke rest API’s, the next you could be manually testing the next generation desktop.
You’ll be joining a small, friendly team who enjoy working collaboratively together, willing to assist each other as we move towards new technologies and frameworks. You’ll be provided with on-the-job training as well as formal qualifications.
More About You
You will already have:
• Experience in a Test role which involved the use of automation test tools
• Experience in Agile methodologies
• Broad technical knowledge and understanding in workstation and server solutions
You may also have one or more of the following:
• ISTQB or ISEB Certification
• Ability to work collaboratively with developers
• ITIL familiarisation
Your Personal Skills
You will be the type of person who:
• Questions assumptions and considers a problem in context
• Plans ahead and involve others in a timely way
• Uses the most appropriate style and approach for the situation
• Makes sure that problems or issues that might impact on the customer are addressed as soon as possible
• Works cooperatively with others to achieve goals
• Is open minded and positive about change
• Sets an example in high standards and values to others, shows integrity and professionalism
Putting your skills to use
Using your diverse range of skills, you will:
• Perform testing as required to support Project, Changes and Release activities within the required timeframes
• Design test cases, create test scripts and identify test data to meet the required objectives as defined in the Project/Request for Change
• Generate test reports to detail success/failure of testing performed
• Contribute to Sprint planning, daily stand up and retrospective meetings
• Ensure that stakeholders are informed of progress and immediately communicate risks to quality and/or schedule
• Input into the Test plan creation for Projects/Requests for Change
• Assist in the transition to automation test tools and practices
• Work with technical teams to provide second line support on customer raised faults
• Be responsible for your continued professional development
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classic cars or baking, golf, or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Relocation Package*
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ+ and/or from an Ethnic Minority. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re right for you, please click here.
Inclusion & Diversity really matters to us. It's not just about numbers or visible differences.
HMGCC are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and those with disabilities or who are neurodiverse.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
Please click the apply button. Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
*if you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.