Recruitment Assistant Ref. 717
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Part-time / flexible working will also be considered (minimum 4 days working until 4pm or later)
Protecting National Security. That’s a pretty big task right?! Absolutely.
We are looking for an Assistant to provide recruitment support to our Recruitment Team at HMGCC. You’ll join a team who have a can-do attitude who support each other, working collaboratively to achieve team goals as well as personal ones.
You’ll get involved in the life cycle of Recruitment including processing applications, managing shared mailboxes, general administration duties and speaking to candidates. You will enjoy working in a team and with a variety of people whether that be colleagues within the business such as Hiring Manager or candidates. You will be given the support to start a career within Recruitment with a network of colleagues across HR.
There’s the flexibility to tailor the role to your strengths and passions, to assist in your career progression, whether that’s building your confidence with stakeholders or building your engagement with the wider business.
Whatever your role here, you will be enabling the UK Government to produce reliable and totally secure communications to protect national security. It doesn’t get much more important than that so apply here to find out how you can get involved.
More About You
You will already have:
• Experience of working in an administrative role in a busy team
• Ability to work to your own initiative
• Experience of working with customers/candidates and stakeholders
• Previous experience and confident in using Microsoft Word & Excel
You will also have one or more of the following:
• Previous experience of working in HR or Recruitment
• Previous experience of dealing with external suppliers
• CIPD Level 3 or above.
Your Personal Skills
You will be the type of person who
• Enjoys talking to people, both over the phone and face to face.
• Wants to improve on yesterday – striving to be the best you can be
• Enjoys being part of a team. From offering administrative support to colleagues to organising candidate visits
• Can go with the flow. Change is a big part of our organisation. You will be able to adapt with the support of your team and management
Putting your skills to use
Using your diverse range of skills within the Recruitment Team you will be:
• Responsible for the administrative tasks in processing applicants in the application process
• A point of contact for initial queries from candidates and stakeholders
• Responsible for clearing the answer phone and responding to external emails / shared mailboxes
• Responsible for the day-to-day housekeeping within the team, including
o Making up interview packs
o Photocopying documents
o Booking rooms for interviews
o Setting up interviews
• Responsible for contacting candidates in the process with updates and escalating queries or issues
• Tasked with Event bookings, including graduate careers fairs
• Taking minutes at team meetings
• Responsible for data purging in line with company policy
• Comfortable with speaking to suppliers and dealing with queries
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you’re asked to work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classic cars or baking, golf or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ+ and/or from an Ethnic Minority. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to. To find out more about us and if we’re right for you, please click here.
Inclusion & Diversity really matters to us. It's not just about numbers or visible differences.
HMGCC are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and those with disabilities or who are neurodiverse.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
Please click the apply button below. Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
Hours of work: To be considered for this role, applicants must be able to work until 4pm to support with the team recruitment activities. We can offer some flexibility with start times and this can be discussed at interview.