Senior Software Test Engineer Ref. 387
This is a full time role but flexible working patterns will be considered.
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Tester to join our growing Test Team. Here you will have the opportunity to work with the very latest technology and deliver world class products.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skill and experience to deliver a wide range of testing activities whilst working with a variety of customers and software engineers. We'll give you the opportunity to be innovative and decide how you want to structure the testing to ensure a quality system, as long as you can deliver.
We would need you to already have:
- In depth knowledge and proven experience of writing Test Strategies for complex or challenging projects.
- Design test cases, create test scripts and identify data for integration, system, performance and regression testing to the highest standards.
- ISEB Intermediate or equivalent experience in Software Testing.
- Accurately, impartially and concisely interpret, record and report test results and recommendation, including analysis of defects.
- Working knowledge of Operating Systems and associated technologies, on such platforms as Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android.
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
- Experience with Incident Management, preferably JIRA
- Knowledgeable of Continuous Integration and associated tools
- ISTQB Advance Test Manager / Test Analysts
- CAT (Certified Agile Tester)
- Competent in Scripting (Bash, PowerShell, VB, Python, etc.)
- Experience of leading a test team to deliver test objectives.
To work as a Senior Verification & Validation Engineer in Software you will be the type of person who:
- Rises to the challenge of taking a lead role in all software testing activities.
- Enjoys coming up with creative solutions to problems, thinking through different options to see which one might work best.
- Likes to works on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and possibly manage your and others workloads.
- Always pays attention to detail, to make sure you produce high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Has excellent communication skills, and enjoys talking to others to find out more about what they need.
- Enjoys working in a team, and supporting each other to achieve goals.
- Takes pride in delivering the best possible product, even when you are faced with challenging situations.
- Really wants to learn, and improve your knowledge and skills.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your diverse range of testing skills within the Software Test Team you will:
- Carry out a full range of testing activities on bespoke cutting edge system within challenging and demanding timescales.
- Identify and design test procedures and their associated objectives (success criteria).
- Deliver testing documentation, including test strategy and verification & validation plan(s).
- Work closely with customers and engineers to provide creative testing solutions.
- Accurately, impartially and concisely interpret and record results.
- Ensure you remain up to date with current verification methodologies, technology and equipment, selecting the most appropriate for the task.
- Be responsible for the quality of your work and work in accordance with procedures, policies and responsibilities common across HMGCC.
- Be willing to expand your skills and knowledge to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*Actual value of welcome package dependant on individual’s experience, negotiable with the Recruitment Team. If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note short-listing for this position will not be conducted until after the close date.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.