Experienced Software/QA Tester Ref. 428
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for Software Testers or experienced IT Professionals with the right motivation to join our growing Test and Acceptance teams.
We aspire to be the best place you'll ever work - well invest in your career through technical training, professional accreditation, mentoring and on the job learning in developing your skills as a software tester.
As a key team member you'll get to combine your technical skills with planning, designing and executing tests for software solutions that solve real, and often unique, technical problems that include a wide range of cutting edge technologies from server to mobile phone systems.
We are looking for talented software testers with a genuine interest in computing and technology
We need you to already have the ability to:
• Install and configure Operating Systems on Desktop, Server and Mobile platforms
• Install and configure networks
• Design test cases, create test scripts and identify data to fulfil User or System requirements
• Experience of writing Test Plans and Technical Report Writing
• Experience using a wide range of applications, including messaging apps and personal security products
• An IT related occupational, professional qualification or equivalent experience
The following are desirable and would strengthen your application:
• Experience of software virtualisation technologies
• Experience with Defect Management tools, such as Jira
• Scripting skills, such as Python, PowerShell, Perl or Bash
• ISTQB/ISEB testing qualification
Putting Your Skills To Use
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in the whole process. You'll use your skills and experience to carry out a wide range of test activities whilst working with a variety of customers and developers. We'll give you the opportunity to be creative and take ownership of the tasks you are involved, as long as you deliver. We ask in return you have a willingness to learn and take on responsibility for:
• Identify and designing test cases and their associated objectives
• Accurately and impartially record test results
• Provide detailed test reports for a range of customers and developers
• Support and maintain test environments
• Contribute to test planning and project meetings
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
*Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.