Information Management Specialist Ref. 716
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday
Flexible working patterns will be considered.
HMGCC has a new opportunity for an Information Management Specialist to join a growing team.
As part of a small Information Management (IM) team, the post holder will provide specialist IM support for a large, secure IT service within a UK Government organisation. IM is a core part of the service, and this is a role which will provide a challenge for your information and communication skills, as well as excellent development opportunities.
Responsible for a wide range of IM support functions, the post holder will contribute towards providing first-rate IM support, focussed on compliant information management whilst encouraging collaboration.
More About You
You’ll already have:
• A professional or academic qualification accredited by CLIP (the Chartered Institute of Library and Information Professionals), ARA (the Archives and Records Association), or equivalent
• Previous experience in a knowledge, information or records management role
• Well-developed information management skills, including an aptitude and interest in working with information structures and standards.
• A good awareness of current knowledge, information and records management opportunities and challenges.
• Generic IT skills (MS Office).
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable l if you have skills or experience in one or more of the following:
• Experience of using and promoting knowledge and information
• Experience of managing and organising information
• Experience of promoting information governance
• Experience of working with and supporting electronic document and records management software (EDRMS)
• Experience of delivering or leading information management projects
• Awareness of ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) best-practice
Your Personal Skills
You’ll be the type of person who:
• Likes to work through problems logically, drawing on your own experience to provide solutions
• Likes to use their own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your own workload.
• Has excellent communication skills, enjoys talking to a wide range of people, and is not afraid to challenge or be challenged. You will be confident in explaining IM issues to non-specialists.
• Enjoys working in a team, and supporting others to achieve goals.
• Takes pride in delivering the best possible service, with a positive and proactive approach.
• Wants to learn and improve your knowledge and skills.
Putting your skills to use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Provide IM support for project delivery by:
o Driving the information organisation and leading on aspects of individual projects;
o Understanding user requirements and business processes;
o Actively engaging and securing agreement between key stakeholders;
o Delivering formal IM plans to inform subsequent technical and service management work;
o Providing super-user training and on-site support during roll-outs.
• Act as first point of contact for IM queries.
• Create and manage information/file plans and access controls.
• Information management lifecycle consultancy, including access group design and information handling models.
• Review, revise and create guidance, procedural and policy documentation; capturing and sharing knowledge and understanding within the IM team and with other teams.
• Work with colleagues to organise and manage knowledge and information throughout its lifecycle to effectively support the business:
o Managing document and records management processes within the organisation;
o Communicating and working closely with colleagues to promote the benefits of effective information and records management.
• Liaise with IM teams and other colleagues in partner organisations to improve and promote compliance with information standards across the user community.
What we Offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service.
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year).
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that.
• Training. Lots and lots of training. This can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you.
• Pension. Our Pension scheme is Alpha. It’s competitive.
• Sports & Social Society. Whether its classic cars or baking, golf, or crafting, we have a society for you.
• On site nursery (subject to availability).
• 3 days paid leave a year to support a registered charity of your choice.
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Relocation Package*
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ+ and/or from an Ethnic Minority. We provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re right for you, please click here.
Inclusion & Diversity really matters to us. It's not just about numbers or visible differences.
HMGCC are committed to providing equal opportunities and encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, and those with disabilities or who are neurodiverse.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
Please click the apply button. Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
*if you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.