Production Engineer Ref. 582
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity to join the Production Engineering team within our advanced manufacturing facility. Here you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technology and equipment across multiple disciplines in a low volume, high quality manufacturing environment.
Working concurrently with our design engineers, manufacturing and planning staff, you will advise on design for manufacture and assembly techniques that affect the efficient and effective manufacture of a product or sub system. Successful candidates will join a diverse team applying a broad range of electronic and mechanical engineering techniques.
We would need you to already have:
• Good problem solving experience, preferably in a mechanical or electronic manufacturing environment.
• Ability to read and interpret complex mechanical or electronic technical drawings.
• Knowledge and experience of Design for Manufacture & Assembly (DfMA) techniques for mechanical or electronic products.
• A recognised engineering apprenticeship or relevant experience.
• Good computer skills with competency in basic MS office applications.
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• Higher mechanical or electronics qualification (HNC/HND or equivalent)
• CAD experience (MCAD or ECAD)
• Knowledge of Lean and SS Manufacturing Principles
• Experience of mechanical or electronics design and development
• Experience or understanding of any of the following mechanical or electronic manufacturing processes:
o Precision Machining (CNC or manual)
o Additive Manufacturing
o PCB Manufacturing
o PCB Assembly (auto or manual)
o Test (ATE or manual)
To work as a Production Engineer, you will be the type of person who:
• Likes to guide, help and support people and developments, passing on best practice to others.
• Enjoys helping to solve problems with others, especially when you get the chance to be innovative and find different ways of doing things.
• Likes to work on your own initiative with occasional guidance. Being able to plan ahead and manage your workload remaining level headed and confident in your own ability to do your best, even if under pressure.
• Enjoys communicating and influencing at all levels across the organisation.
• Enjoys working as part of a team and sharing your ideas to get results.
• Really wants to learn new skills and improve your knowledge to be the best you can be.
• Enjoys dealing with customers, paying close attention to the detail of their requests so that you can deal with queries in an efficient and effective manner.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your diverse range of engineering skills within the Production Engineering Department you will:
• Be passionate about designing for manufacture, assembly and test
• Support product development by helping to advise on physical design and techniques/processes that affect the efficient and effective manufacture of a product or sub system.
• Facilitate Design Engineers, CAD engineers and Manufacturing teams to produce and develop build documentation, ensuring that consideration is given to:
o Available manufacturing facilities.
o Number of products required over the lifecycle
o Design for manufacture, assembly and test
o Manufacturing yield
• Carry out the appropriate level of verification and review of build documentation.
• Identify manufacturing risks and manage subsequent risk reduction /mitigation strategies.
• Devise appropriate and realistic trials for process optimisation related to product development and also new technology within manufacturing. Prepare briefs and reports accordingly.
• Represent and promote engineering best practice on behalf of HMGCC when liaising with other departments, contractors and customers.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
Guaranteed Interview Scheme
As part of our commitment to being a ‘Disability Confident Leader’ we offer an interview to all candidates with a disability who meet our minimum criteria for the role that they are applying for. This is known as the Guaranteed Interview Scheme (GIS).
To secure an interview for this vacancy you will be asked a series of questions relating to this vacancy. If you meet the criteria you will be directed to the full application form. On successful completion and an application form sift, you will be invited to interview. This is our guaranteed interview.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
* If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
(Please note shortlisting will not be carried out until after the closing date for this role.)
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.