Problem Manager Ref: 332
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Problem Manager or Project Analyst to join our Service Management team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person with an interest in managing and improving the Problem process.
You will also be responsible for the allocation of work to the Service Management analysts within the team.
We would need you to already have:
• Demonstrable experience in a Problem Management role.
• An ITILqualification -ITIL foundation as a minimum
• Data Analysis experience
• Experience of using a Call Management system
• Excellent interpersonal and customer facing skills
• General technical awareness of hardware and software desktop environments
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• ITILV3 Intermediate Capability stream qualification: Operational Support and Analysis or ITIL V3 Lifecycle stream: Service Operations
To work as a Problem Manager you will be the type of person who:
• Enjoys thinking through all the different options that are available to you, and is motivated by finding the best solution for the problem. You recognise that a simple solution is sometimes the best.
• Likes to work on your own initiative, having the ability to prioritise work, escalate effectively and delivery to deadlines
• Has good written and verbal communication skills. You enjoy sharing your knowledge and can present convincingly to technical and non-technical audiences
• Maintains a high level of discretion with experience of handling sensitive data
• Likes working in a team, sharing ideas about how to get the results you need
• Is proactive about maintaining and developing your knowledge and skills
Hours of cover are Monday to Friday 8:00 until 18:00 excluding English Bank Holidays.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Manage, develop and communicate the SOC Problem Management process and supporting procedures
• Raise the profile of ITILbest practice and promote the benefits of Problem Management to the SOC community
• Be responsible for the creation, development and management of Problem Management documentation within the SOC process
• Design and deliver training to the SOC staff to ensure adherence to the current Problem process
• Contribute to the development of Service Management by attending internal, cross-partner and supplier meetings and suggesting, owning and implementing improvements
• Identify, record, investigate and diagnose Problems and communicate progress across the support and user communities
• Proactively progress Problems to completion by gaining collaboration and commitment from others towards Problem resolution
• Work closely with Partners' Problem Management representatives to agree processes that deliver within SLA and OLA, with smooth integration into each Service Desk’s current practices
• Keep accurate, up-to-date records of all Problems and to contribute to call management system plans to enhance the effectiveness of the toolset
• Ensure that classification of Problems and the quality of records provides meaningful reports and statistics to identify service improvements
• Build a relationship with the Senior Service Desk staff that drives performance improvement and increases user satisfaction
• Work with the SysAdmin team to provide an end-to-end Problem process with clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities
• Work closely with the Service Desk to identify possible Problems
• Ensure that the Configuration Manager receives correct CI information to keep an accurate CMDB
• Contribute to any CAB when required by the Change Manager
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us link'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.