Project Manager Ref. 333
Full-time, part-time or flexible working patterns will be considered
As part of the Project Management team at HMGCC, you will be leading the delivery of cutting edge communications systems or supporting the development of new capability on our existing infrastructure to maintain highly effective, completely reliable and totally secure communication systems. You will coordinate a team of technical experts who are committed to meeting the needs of our government in the UK and around the globe.
You will be eager to broaden your current exposure to new Information Technology disciplines and already have a reputation for delivering to time cost and quality targets. You will understand the technical language of the teams and how this impacts on the wider benefits of the project as well as the challenges such a project team faces.
Key Objectives/Areas of Responsibility
• Leading project planning, scheduling, monitoring and reporting activities;
• Managing risks and assurance plans;
• Assist in the control of resources against cost, quality and time;
• Review progress and identify areas of concern;
• Understand the needs of stakeholders;
• Recognise the effects of decisions on other people
Experience and Knowledge Requirements
• You will be able to demonstrate an understanding of the techniques and best practices of project management as applied in an Information Technology environment;
• You will have had experience managing medium to large scale projects with multiple dependencies;
• You will be able to demonstrate co-operative working relationships with colleagues, Customers and contractors working together in a team environment.
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• Agile (DSDM/SCRUM)
• ITILV3 Foundation
Behaviour and Personality Profile
• The ability to work to tight deadlines
• Good computer skills
• Excellent problem solving, communication and liaison skills
• An enthusiastic, self-starting approach with an appetite for success
• The ability and willingness to learn and adapt
• Continual professional development with the Association of Project Management (APM)
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual, both as an organisation and an employer, visit 'about us link'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.