Business Analyst Ref. 335
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst (BA) to join our expanding information exploitation team. The post holder will provide specialist support for a large-scale IT service within a UK Government organisation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated BA with an interest in improving the sharing and exploitation of information. We want you to enhance our understanding of business requirements and business change and help develop solutions to achieve better outcomes for Partners.
This is an outward facing role which will provide a challenge for your analytical and communication skills, as well as the chance to build your skills and experience in a successful and forward-looking unit.
We will need you to already have:
• Evidence of excellent delivery skills
• Substantial evidence of leading/delivering successful business analysis &/or requirements management &/or process modeling &/or business change across a range of programmes or projects.
• Excellent BA skills including the ability to identify the correct BA approach, and apply standard analytical techniques and methodologies.
• Sound generic IT skills, plus good process modeling and presentational IT skills.
• Significant experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders, including seniors.
• Provide Business context and contribute to Strategic Plans and objectives for use by Senior Management. Help ensure work plans are aligned to benefits.
To succeed in this role you will be the type of person who:
• Enjoys spending time finding out what motivates others, and encourages them to share their ideas.
• Questions assumptions and enjoys finding innovative solutions to requirements and problems, analysing possible options to see which one might work best.
• Has an acute understanding of how to manage risk, maintaining a good awareness of the 'bigger picture' issues at stake.
• Values the opportunity to work on your own initiative, being confident in planning ahead and involving others at the most appropriate stage.
• Is an excellent communicator, using your skills to draft and present persuasive and credible ideas to diverse stakeholders at all levels.
• Is enthusiastic about working in a team with shared goals, and is a key player in creating positive working relationships inside and outside the organisation.
• Always aims to deliver the best possible service, making sure that you ask customers the right questions to deliver exactly what they require.
• Strives for improvement, being able to plan a way forward and overcome barriers to make sure change is possible.
• Is personally committed to learning and improving your professional knowledge and skills.
Putting your skills to use
On a day to day basis you will (appropriate to experience):
• Run workshops and meetings with key stakeholders to gather and agree business requirements.
• Engage with customers and colleagues to capture detailed functional and non-functional requirements.
• Deliver high quality analysis of requirements, processes and options for solutions within tight deadlines e.g. formal business cases, cost-benefit analyses and use-case modeling.
• Maintain progress against project milestones and deadlines.
• Identify stakeholders' business change requirements through workshops and interviews.
• Produce business change plans and supporting material.
• Analyse management information to inform business change planning.
• Model process flows to capture and enhance managed service benefits.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us link'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.