Information Security Support Officer Ref. 337
HMGCC delivers innovative communication systems to support the UK's interests at home and overseas. Due to growth across the organisation, we are looking for an enthusiastic person to provide support to the Information Security function for a large-scale managed IT service.
Information Security includes the provision of advice on, and input into, the selection, design, justification, implementation and operation of information security controls and mechanisms, in order to maintain the integrity, availability and compliance of the service.
Working with the Information Security Officer you will support a range of security policy activities to help ensure that information risk is being managed appropriately and cost effectively.
You will have a chance to work with a variety of customers and stakeholders. We will give you the opportunity to learn new skills and develop the capability to get the work done and deliver results.
Skills & Experience Required
- Evidence of excellent planning and delivery skills.
- Evidence of good, accurate communication skills (face to face, written and on the phone), demonstrating attention to detail.
- Sound generic IT skills (MS Office including Word, Excel and Outlook as a minimum).
- Strong customer focus, with experience of responding to customer/stakeholder requirements in an efficient and effective manner.
To succeed in this role you will be the type of person who:
- Has as interest in learning how to identify and manage information risk.
- Enjoys thinking through problems and working with colleagues to identify solutions to requirements, analysing possible options to see which one might work best; You can judge when to make decisions versus when to consult or escalate to others.
- Likes to works on your own initiative, being able to plan ahead and manage your workload to meet business demands.
- Always pays attention to detail to make sure you produce high quality work and can deliver within deadlines.
- Has excellent communication skills, and enjoys talking to others to find out more about what they need. Can adapt delivery of communication to suit the audience.
- Is able to present information clearly and concisely in written documents.
- Enjoys working in a team, and supporting each other to achieve shared goals.
- Helps create positive working relationships inside and outside the organisation and is able to appreciate others' point of view.
- Takes pride in delivering the best possible service, even when you are faced with a challenging situation; Aware of customer business needs and challenges.
- Really wants to learn, and improve your knowledge, skills and performance; has the ability to learn lessons from experience and apply these going forward.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
- To provide general administrative/technical support for Information Security.
- Respond to customer/stakeholder requirements (face to face, in writing or on the phone) in an efficient and effective manner and seek guidance where answers are not covered by laid down processes and procedures
- Producing, and maintain appropriate accurate documentation as directed.
- Contribute to the effective application and development of laid down procedures, adhering to time scales which enable day to day activity to be completed.
- To provide specialist guidance in response to customer/stakeholder requirements.
- To assist with the dissemination of the policy, procedure and initiatives.
- To represent the department at events, activities or meetings across or outside the organisation.
Typical activities will include:
- Engaging with customers and colleagues to help ensure that documentation is regularly reviewed, approved and effectively managed.
- Maintaining an Information Security 'dashboard', that highlights and tracks progress of key security activities.
- Preparation and administration for meetings with external stakeholders.
- Maintenance of Security information on Extranet and Intranet.
- Maintenance of Information Security Management System
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit the 'about us link'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package*
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.