Service Level Manager Ref 338
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Service Level Manager to join our Service Operations Centre (SOC) team.
The Service Level Manager is a relationship role, managing the requirements and expectancy of our Service Delivery to our Customers. Key elements of the role involve the negotiation, implementation, monitoring and development of all Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operational Level Agreements (OLAs) for the SOC. The ongoing development and maintenance of the Service Catalogue, the management of the SOC Continual Service Improvement forum and owning the SOC Out of Hours and Enhanced Support provisions.
We would need you to already have:
• Previous experience in a Service based/relationship management role.
• An understanding of Service Level Agreements.
• Knowledge of ITIL Processes or experience working in an ITIL environment.
• Demonstrable experience of building successful relationships with Customers and/or Suppliers
• Demonstrable negotiation experience
• Demonstrable communication skills, including handling difficult/challenging conversations with customers.
• Experienced in writing formal business documents.
• Willingness to travel to Customer and Supplier sites as required.
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• ITIL Foundation Certificate Qualified
• ITIL Service Level Manager Practitioner, ITIL Service Design or ITIL Service Design & Offerings trained
• Experience in performing a Service Level Manager role
• Experienced in report generation and analysis
To work as a Service Level Manager you will be the type of person who:
• Ensure roles are clear and people know what is expected of them; performance management
• Think creatively, generate innovative approaches and solutions, identify and suggest ways to manage risk; take decisions but know when to escalate
• Consider financial information in decision making, manage tensions between requirements and communicate priorities
• Provide comprehensive information inspiring confidence, understand the audience and anticipate reactions, chair meetings effectively and facilitate agreements
• Create a supportive environment; build effective teams; support others in building external collaborative relationships
• Build and sustain customer relationships, establish clear desired outcomes and expectations, provide efficient and responsive customer service
• Encourage the sharing of ideas, look for opportunities for improvement, Maintain focus and momentum to achieve change
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Service level Management (SLM)
o Define, document and publicise the SLM Policy and Procedure for the SOC, ensuring this is kept current and is adhered to
o Negotiate SLAs and OlAs to the agreement of all parties, ensuring all agreed items are clearly understood and measurable
o Define, document and manage all SLAs and OLAs in line with requirements to adhere to SLM policy
o Work with the Supplier Management function to understand underpinning requirements and constraints
o Negotiate and agree any new Service Requirements incorporating into existing or new SLAs /OLAs as required
o Identify any tool or work process changes required to support the SLAs or OlAs and manage through to completion/incorporation with internal and external parties as required
o Define and document the SLAs/OLAs reporting requirements and manage any system/toolset change requirements to support this to completion
o Monitor, analyse and review performance against SLAs/OLAs targets, working with both internal and external teams to identify trends and potential issues
o Manage generation of SLAs/OLAs reports to required time frame and audience defined within the SLAs / OLAs
o Chair Service Reviews with Customers as required
• Catalogue Management
o Identify, define and catalogue all Services provided by the SOC, incorporating specific attributes and the Customers utilising the Service
o Own the Service Catalogue to incorporate new Services and/or changes to existing Services as business needs change
o Define, own and manage a Marketing Service Catalogue to enable Customers to understand the Services the SOC provide
o Promote the knowledge and utilisation of the Service Catalogue as appropriate, adapting to the changing business needs
• Out of Hours and Enhanced Support
o Own and manage the SOC Out of Hours and Enhanced Support provision, including the Policy and Processes, ensuring this is kept current and is adhered to
o Communicate updates and amendments to the SOC Out of Hours and Enhanced Support provision to all affected parties as required
o Generate and publish both internal and external reports following any Out of Hours or Enhanced Support events
• Continual Service Improvement(Process Forum)
o Own and manage the SOC Process Forum process and Terms of Reference
o Chair regular Process Forum meetings, covering; new and updated processes and CSIs, issues raised from external parties (for example via Business Relationship Management), ensuring all areas of the business are represented
o Work with the SOC Business Support Administrator to ensure accurate recording, reporting and updating of Process Forum documentation and logs
o Contribute to Continual Service Improvement by suggesting, owning and implementing improvements
• Work with other ITIL Process owners to cross-train enabling back-up support and cover when required
• Support the Head of Service Delivery with the day to day operational management of Suppliers, enabling back-up support and cover when required
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit'about us link'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.