Service Management Analyst Ref 340
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Service Management Analyst to join our Service Operations Centre (SOC) team. This role would be suitable for somebody who is keen to progress their career within the ITIL disciplines.
The Service Management Analyst works closely with the Service Management team comprising Change, Configuration, Problem, Release and Test Management. The role provides support to these areas, owning individual tasks through to completion.
We would need you to already have:
• ITIL awareness
• Proven experience in working in one or more of the following areas: Service Desk, Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, Configuration or Asset Management, Testing
• Experience in using a Call Management system
• IT Literate
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• ITIL Foundation Certificate Qualified
To work as a Service Management Analyst you will be the type of person who:
• Thinks through issues logically and find appropriate solutions; draw on your experience but know when to escalate
• Monitor progress and let people know when success is in question; plan ahead and involve others in a timely way
• Communicate with credibility to a variety of audiences; draft information effectively
• Establish strong working relationships
• Keep customers informed about progress; understand customer requirements and concerns; seek and act on feedback to improve services;
• Deal efficiently with customer requests, queries and problems; delivering the best possible service.
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Monitor open records for incidents, Requests for Change or Problems Records, on the Call
• Management System to ensure that they are up-to-date, and chase contributors for action
• Create and/or update periodic (weekly, monthly, ad-hoc) reports covering all Service Management areas required
• Register new Request for Changes onto the Call Management system
• Minute meetings as required for example the Change Advisory Board(CAB),Problem Review Meetings
• Record and maintain asset information in both the SOC and GCHQ databases
• Assist in asset audits of both the SOC and UK partner sites
• Control and maintain access to the Software Library according to process Configuration Management
• Assist in the preparation of test scripts, testing of software and perform test observation as required
• Register new Problem Records onto the Call Management system
• Minute meetings as required for example the Problem Review Meetings
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us link'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.