Building Services Engineer Ref 341
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for a Building Services Engineer to join us. The post holder will provide specialist and technical support for an Estates Team within a UK Government organisation.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual with an interest in providing technical expertise and support and we want you to be able to help develop solutions to achieve better outcomes for the site. We would like you to adopt best working practices and internal procedures, ensuring all works are completed to agreed cost and time estimates, and to a quality that meets HMGCC requirements.
This is an outward facing role which will provide a challenge for your communication skill and appeal, as well as the chance to build your skills and experience in a successful and forward-looking team.
We would need you to already have:
• Full Driving licence
• Good IT Skills (MS package)
• Experience of Project Management
• Sound Knowledge of Building Services
• Excellent communication skills
• Be prepared to be on an on-call engineer roster out of core hours
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• Experience in the construction industry
• CAD user
• Building Services Formal Qualification
To work as a Building Services Engineer you will be the type of person who:
• Set an example in high standards and values to others, show integrity and professionalism
• Think creatively and generate innovative solutions
• Get best value from your resources (people, money assets and time)
• Communicate well with a variety of audiences both in and outside of HMGCC
• Create and encourage positive working relationships
• Anticipate and be responsive to customer requirements
• Maintain focus and momentum within the team to achieve change
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Run successful Building Works projects within budget and timescales; manage the planning, budgeting and organisation of tasks, people and resources.
• Solve straight forward engineering problems by applying established technologies and methods.
• Deliver service standards that meet customer expectations by effectively managing any problems as they arise, through negotiation and good, communication skills.
• Implement the planned and reactive maintenance programmes
• Contribute to continuous improvement in the business processes and strive to deliver running cost savings in collaboration with contractors and supply chains.
• Work within the HMGCC Health and Safety Framework and business plan, to deliver a safe working environment for staff, contractors and visitors to the site
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us link'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.