Service Desk Support Analyst Ref. 343
This position is for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday on a permanent basis
The Service Operations Centre (SOC) delivers a range of high quality IT services using best practice, as recommended in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL). The SOC Service Desk provides a single point of contact for IT users and other IT Service Desks across the UK.
This is mainly a role supporting our Service Desk Analysts but you will soon be involved in trying to resolve IT issues yourself as well as Request Fulfilment and dealing with user queries. Support analyst's will record and monitor all support activity using HP Service manager call logging system and keep users up to date with progress. Service Desk Support Analysts will work a shift system, covering 0745 to 1800 Monday to Friday (except Bank Holidays).
This is a varied and rewarding role with scope to develop your career with the service desk or in other areas.
We would need you to already have:
• A clear, courteous telephone manner
• Experience of consistent, accurate and detailed record keeping
• An ability to prioritise tasks with different levels of impact and urgency
• An understanding and interest in IT
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
• ITIL experience using and/or supporting MS Office applications
• V3 Foundation
• Microsoft/COMPTIA qualifications
• SDI Qualification
• Experience using call logging systems
• Experience of working to SLA and OLA within a support environment
To work as a Service Desk Support Analyst you will be the type of person who:
• Enjoys collaborating with multiple teams with different priorities.
• Takes pride in the work that you and your team deliver.
• Is comfortable following processes but equally confident in suggesting ways to better them.
• Is a good communicator with the confidence to seek advice when required
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will
• Deliver a professional and consistent level of service that provides resolutions within agreed deadlines and to customers' satisfaction.
• Work in accordance with the Service Desk and Incident Management policies, processes, procedures and work instructions.
• Assess, diagnose and, whenever possible, fix or provide a workaround to maximise the Service Desk's contribution to service call resolution.
• Log, prioritise and assign service calls to ensure that issues are resolved at the earliest opportunity and with minimum impact to users and their business.
• Monitor outstanding service calls, escalate when appropriate and communicate progress to all relevant parties.
• Record and disseminate accurate and comprehensive information to support 2nd and 3rd line support activity.
• Identify problem trends and opportunities for process improvement.
• Assist with Service Desk documentation review and revision.
• Work collaboratively with other Service Desks and support teams.
• Provide regular and ad hoc information required for reporting.
• Perform account administration tasks and system checks.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us' page.
*Actual value of welcome package dependant on individual’s experience, negotiable with the Recruitment Team. If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date. Please note short-listing for this position will not be conducted until after the close date.