ICT Operations Engineer Ref. 365
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for an ICT Operations Engineer to join our growing team. Here you will have the opportunity to be creative, working with the latest technology be an integral part of the organisation.
The ICT Operations Department at HMGCC is at the forefront of providing secure IT systems and applications to our customers. You will join a team of engineers responsible for using in-house and commercial technology to deliver bespoke software solutions.
We would need you to already have:
- Experience of providing IT technical support, with an understanding of Windows OSand structure
- Knowledge and understanding of the software validation processes
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
- Basic programming /scripting knowledge (e.g. Bash, Python, etc.)
- Experience using Android / iOS/ Linux / Mac OSX
- Experience using VMware (Workstation or ESX)
- Understanding of TCPand UDP networking and use of WireShark
To work as an lCT Operations Engineer you will be the type of person who:
You will be the type of person who:
- Has the ability to set high standards and values to others, whilst showing integrity and professionalism
- Has good communication skills, explains information in a clear and logical way. You enjoy sharing your knowledge and are able to assist and guide others who are less experienced or new to their role
- Is able to think through issues logically and find appropriate solutions; Knowing when to refer issuesto others, and draw on expertise
- Has excellent problem solving abilities and has the ability to adapt to unplanned changes, overcoming obstacles and seeing tasks through to completion
- Strives to understand other people's requirements and support them to the best of your ability. You will enjoy working both individually and in a team; sharing ideas about how to get the results you need
- Is excited by a challenge, being level headed and confident in your ability to do your best even if under pressure. You will deal efficiently with customer requests, queries and problems; ensuring that problems or issues are addressed as soon as possible
- Enjoys working in an environment where each day could be different
- You will relish the opportunity to learn new technologies
Putting Your Skills To Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
- Perform work in accordance with HMGCC'sengineering policies, processes and procedures; where authorised, tailoring these to meet the needs of specific circumstances
- Prepare, test, set up and install software products for use, where necessary producing appropriate direction and instruction in close liaison with the customer
- Liaise directly with our customers to clarify requirements, using initiative, skills and experience to determine the appropriate solution for each product
- Work within tight time constraints to exacting standards of quality
You will be required to cover an out of hours 'On Call' rota with other members of the team, which will typically be for one week per month, although these dates are flexible. For being 'On Call' you are financially compensated, as well as receiving further payments should you be required to come into the office during these periods. You may also be asked to work overtime, often at short notice. For this you would receive TOIL or the overtime payment.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit 'about us'.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discussthe possibility of a relocation package.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.