Associate Information Assurance Engineer Ref. 673
This is a full-time position for 37 hours per week Monday to Friday, flexible working patterns will be considered.
Do you want to work in a creative environment? Like to challenge your analytical skills? Enjoy developing solutions to improve outcomes?
In the Service Operations Centre (SOC) you’ll support IT services for Government departments in the UK and around the globe.
You’ll bring your technical skills to maintain and enhance an industry leading Security Information and Events Management (SIEM) toolset. You may not know all of the details yet, but you soon will.
No two days will be the same, one day you could be configuring connections to systems of interest, the next you could be liaising with key stakeholders to ensure that their requirements are captured and met.
To assure compliance with the National Security Policies, you’ll actively monitor and analyse the behaviours and patterns of the systems and users. You will be ensuring that our SIEM toolset is collecting, processing and analysing data from a wide variety of sources across the IT infrastructure.
You’ll be working within a positive, creative and friendly environment who’ll provide on the job training as well as formal training qualifications – we invest to be the best.
Pull up your SOC’s and apply here…
More About You
You’ll already have:
• A proven understanding of IT Security and Information Assurance
• Experience writing basic SQL queries to extract and manipulate data
• An understanding of Linux Operating Systems, including basic maintenance and administration
To strengthen your application, it would be beneficial if you have one or more of the following (but these are not essential):
• Knowledge and experience of using a corporate Security Incident and Event Management Tool e.g. ArcSight
• Experience of working within a protective monitoring department or in a security context
• Experience of using regular expressions for pattern matching and extracting data
Your Personal Skills
You’ll be the type of person who:
• Sets an example in high standards and values to others, showing integrity and professionalism
• Shows flexibility in adapting to the situation or requirements
• Asks appropriate questions to understand customer requirements and concerns
• Establishes strong working relationships outside the organisation
• Presents confidently and persuasively
• Overcomes obstacles and sees tasks through to completion
• Thinks through issues logically and finds appropriate solutions
Putting your skills to use
Using your expertise within the Information Security team, you will:
• Log, investigate, escalate and track and potential security incidents
• Provide Information Assurance support to security investigations
• Monitor the SIEM toolset to ensure that data integrity is maintained
• Diagnose and rectify faults within the toolset
• Configure and maintain connections to systems of interest
• Be the Information Assurance point of contact/Subject Matter Expert to assist with new/ongoing projects
What we offer
Now that we’ve explained a bit about what you will we be doing, here’s what we can offer you:
• 25 days annual leave, rising to 30 after 5 years’ service
• 8 Bank Holiday days off in addition to your annual leave
• 2 ½ additional days leave (set dates through the year)
• Paid overtime or time off in lieu. Your salary is for your contracted hours. If you work more, we believe you should be rewarded for that
• Training, this can be anything from a ½ day internal course to a distant learning degree. If it’s relevant to your career, we will aim to support you
• A competitive Pension scheme
• On site nursery (subject to availability)
• Free parking
• Free onsite gym, open 24 hours a day
• Affinity Groups – whether you are disabled, LGBTQ and/or BAME or an ally, we provide an inclusive environment and support for everyone.
HMGCC is proud to hold the status of Disability Confident Employer. In line with this, we offer the Disability Confident - Offer of Interview. To find out more and how you can apply under this scheme, please click here.
We’re HMGCC, Her Majesty’s Government Communications Centre. You may not have heard of us before. It’s OK, we’re used to it! That’s because our customers are other UK Government Departments. Using our collective expertise, we develop communication systems for our customers that are innovative, reliable and totally secure to protect national security at home and overseas.
We’re not looking for any one type of person. We’re looking for talent from all different backgrounds to join our organisation, where we genuinely respect and value each other's differences, as well as our similarities. It makes us even better at what we do.
We invest in our people, not only with training but also support throughout your career with us; to allow you to reach your full potential at work, as well as enjoy the work/life balance many aspire to.
To find out more about us and if we’re the right fit for you, please click here.
Discover more and apply by clicking 'apply' below.
Our Recruitment Team will process your application once the role has closed and everyone will get a response.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.
This Program / Vacancy is closed to applications.