Change Manager Ref. 558
HMGCC has an exciting opportunity for a Change Manager or experienced Change Analyst to join our expanding Service Management team. We are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person with an interest in managing and improving the change environment.
This is a varied role, where you will not only be expected to deliver the usual CAB leadership, risk and impact assessment but may also be asked to take a concept and drive it forward to ensure a successful delivery.
You will be responsible for the allocation of work to Service Management analysts within the team, ensuring that they meet all delivery requirements.
We would need you to already have:
• Previous experience in a Change Management or Change Analyst role
• ITIL Version 3 foundation
• Experience in managing Changes using a Call Management System
• Experience of managing relationships with multiple stakeholders
• Experience creating, documenting and revising policy, processes and procedures
To strengthen your application, it would be desirable if you have:
• ITIL V3 Intermediate Capability stream qualification: Release, Control and Validation qualification or ITIL V3 Lifecycle stream: Service Transition qualification
To work as a Change Manager, you will be the type of person who:
• Likes to works on your own initiative having the ability to prioritise work, escalate effectively and deliver to deadlines
• Has good written and verbal communication skills. You will also enjoy talking to others to find out more about what they need and how you can help them .
• Has a high level of discretion and have experience of handling sensitive data
• Likes working in a team, sharing ideas about how to get the results you need
• Takes pride in delivering the best possible service, even when you are faced with a challenging situation.
• Is pro-active about maintaining and developing your knowledge and skills.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your expertise as part of our team you will:
• Manage the implementation of the Change
• Control Change to all Configuration Items in the live environment
• Raise and manage change records with appropriate priorities and categorisation
• Ensure the impact, cost, risk and benefit of requested Changes are sufficiently assessed and recorded
• Communicate the progress of Changes to relevant stakeholders
• Review and close changes, recording any lessons learned
• Chair the Change Advisory Board and ensure decisions are recorded
• Manage, develop and communicate the SOC Change Management processes and supporting procedures, ensuring that teams are fully trained to ensure adherence of policies and correct use of the toolset.
• Raise the profile of ITIL best practice and promote the benefits of Change Management to the Partner communities
• Keep accurate and up-to-date records of all Changes and contribute to the effectiveness of the toolset
• Ensure the quality of Change records provide meaningful reports and statistics to identify service delivery and improvements
• Build a relationship with the technical teams that provides end-to-end processes with clearly defined responsibilities and accountabilities
• Ensure the Configuration Manager receives correct information to keep an accurate Configuration Management Database
• Work with Release Management to manage and co-ordinate the deployment of Changes
• Work with SOC teams and suppliers to ensure efficient and consistent handling of Changes
• Maintain relationships with the other process managers that drive performance improvement and increase user satisfaction
• Contribute to Continual Service Improvement by suggesting, owning and implementing improvements
Hours of cover are Monday to Friday 8:00 until 18:00 excluding English Bank Holidays.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure. In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer, visit our 'about us' page.
*If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.