Software Tester Ref. 351
This is a full time role but flexible working patterns will be considered.
HMGCC has a unique and exciting opportunity for a Software Tester to join our growing Test and Evaluation teams. Here you will have the opportunity to work with the very latest technology and deliver world class products.
We aspire to be the best place you'll ever work - we'll invest heavily in your career development through technical training programmes, professional accreditation, mentoring and on-the-job training.
What makes HMGCC different is that you'll have the opportunity to get involved in a wide range of cutting edge technologies from server to mobile phone systems. You'll use your skill and experience to deliver a wide range of testing activities, including acceptance testing, whilst working with a variety of customers. We'll give you the opportunity to be innovative and take ownership of the testing tasks your involved in.
We would need you to already have:
- Broad experience of using both desktop & mobile applications, security software
- Design test cases, create test scripts and identify data to fulfil requirements as necessary
- Knowledge and some experience of writing Test Plans for challenging projects.
- An IT related formal or professional qualification
- Accurately ,impartially and concisely interpret , record and report test results and recommendations, including analysis of defects
- In depth knowledge of computer systems, including a wide ranging knowledge of computer hardware, peripherals and networking.
- Work unaided to deliver test objectives
To strengthen your application it would be desirable if you have:
- Experience with Defect Management, preferably JIRA
- Experience of software virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge of digital forensics tools and techniques
- ISTQB / ISEB testing qualification or similar
To work as a Verification & Validation Engineer in Software you will be the type of person who:
- Enjoys thinking through all the different options that are available to you, taking pride in finding the best fit solution for customers.
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to unexpected problems whilst being aware of the need to meet to existing milestones.
- Has the ability to take on board a high degree of information and identify critical issues
- Naturally pays extremely close attention to detail, ensuring that every element is accurately recorded and nothing gets missed.
- Has excellent communication skills, and enjoys talking to others to find out more about what they need.
- Values collaboration, offering support to others to make sure that a product is delivered to design specifications.
- Is committed to finding out exactly what the customer really needs so that you can help make sure their requirements are met.
- Really wants to learn and improve your knowledge and skills.
Putting Your Skills to Use
Using your diverse range of testing skills within the Software Test Team you will:
- Carry out a full range of testing activities on bespoke cutting edge systems within challenging and demanding timescales.
- Identify and design test procedures and their associated objectives (success criteria).
- Deliver testing documentation, including test strategy and verification & validation plan(s).
- Work closely with customers and engineers to provide creative testing solutions.
- Accurately, impartially and concisely interpret and record results.
- Ensure you remain up to date with current verification methodologies, technology and equipment, selecting the most appropriate for the task.
- Be responsible for the quality of your work and work in accordance with procedures, policies and responsibilities common across HMGCC.
- Be willing to expand your skills and knowledge to meet the challenges of today and tomorrow.
You will play an integral part in ensuring that our Government's communication systems in the UK and around the globe are reliable and totally secure . In return we will offer you a positive and creative environment to work in and give you all of the tools and training to develop and be the best that you can be.
To find out more about HMGCC and how we are truly individual both as an organisation and an employer visit our 'about us’ page.
*Actual value of welcome package dependant on individual’s experience, negotiable with the Recruitment Team. If you are relocating to the area then we can discuss the possibility of a relocation package.
Please note short-listing for this position will not be conducted until after the close date.
Please note dependent on the recruitment requirements, we withhold the right to bring forward the closing date for this role from the original closing date.